PDA

View Full Version : ARB,OX,and E'LOCKER

jakerngr
04-16-2007, 06:33 PM
well im sick of boiling my ps fluid from being welded in the front...i was going to do power assist but i drive this thing every day and dont want that for my dd.
so i am now weighing out my options with selectable lockers.
so lets here it

the good the bad and the ugly lets go

Nutbar
04-16-2007, 06:46 PM
The experiences I have had with all the go as follows . . .

ARB - the old units used to have lots of problems with seals and strength of the unit, they always seemed to let U down when U needed them most, they have recently redesigned them and I have installed a few the new version does look way better and a much improved seal system I have yet to hear any complaints.

OX - the unit does not look to bad but I have heard all sorts of issues getting them adjusted right so they work, most I know of don't work.

Detroit Electrac - installed one in my own 60 in the CJ it was a piece of crap right from the start didn't lock properly and when it did it would not stay locked

I ended up pulling out the Electrac and put a welded center in for now and am going to put in a good old bullet proof Detroit Locker.

Oh and yeah anybody want to buy a Detroit Electrac for a D60:D

jakerngr
04-16-2007, 07:02 PM
hmmmmmmm i just read up on the t-locker from teraflex i doesnt seem too bad..

so mikey with a mechanical locker in low range 4x4 it would probablyt be locked all the time just from driveline stress like my rear right. or would i be able to steer easier..I have never had a front locker just always welded

Nutbar
04-16-2007, 07:13 PM
If everything gets all wound up it will stay engaged if you can work it and unload the locker it should unlock.

my thinking for it is I at least have a twin stick Tcase so I can use 2wd low range and when I am in 2wd low it will unlock and drive like 2wd, but that doesn't help with most aluminum chain driven cases(some of them like the Jeep NP 231 you can get a 2wd low kit)

NeoAnderson
04-16-2007, 07:53 PM
The latest JP magazine has a writeup on lockers..page 22.
Covers all the popular ones.
Go on.....you know you wanna spend 6.99 plus tax for a Jeep magazine!!![36][36][36]

:D

jakerngr
04-16-2007, 08:24 PM
now thats funny i wouldnt even buy a jeep for $6.99..unless it was a big boy jeep

m j
04-16-2007, 09:15 PM
T locker was a Wolfgang design, it is pretty much a dead deal
the Ox looked real nice at SEMA
you cannot beat the detroit though

brandonf250
04-16-2007, 10:17 PM
hey jacob do u often blow front axels with it welded ??

jakerngr
04-17-2007, 06:16 AM
no but i have all chromoly axles and CTM u joints

Tha_Stepside
04-17-2007, 09:34 AM
id just got with a detoit locker man, thats just my two bits. We just installed one on my buddies front D44 in his chevy and it worked absolutely awesome, thats the only thing im gonna get for my truck now.

jakerngr
04-17-2007, 10:49 AM
my problem isnt the locker i dont think any locker will diengage when turning in low range... i can idle around in a circle in low 4 and my rear is locked all the time cause or driveline bind.
i need something that will unlock so i can steer around without killing parts.
i might just leave it and go hydro assist

m j
04-17-2007, 03:32 PM
the detroit unlocks just fine for steering
when you do this 4 lo test is it on hardpack or loose stuff?
there has to be some resistance to unlock it

jakerngr
04-17-2007, 04:07 PM
even on pavement when i was open in the front my rear locker wont engage in 4 low...another reason i wanted to go selectable was for winter road driving...like coqahala and local shit... locked front and rear dont like moderate speed cornering in the snow and ice