PDA

View Full Version : princess auto jacks

mikey2fast4u
04-14-2007, 11:58 PM
princess auto sells high lift jacks for 79 and powerfist farm jacks for 39,has anyone tried them?

Toyquad
04-15-2007, 07:36 AM
go with the highlift. i have 3. no complaints. those jacks are scary enough as it is. don't make it worse by buying a piece of crap powerfist jack.

Trooper
04-15-2007, 08:50 AM
I have a new highlift from princess auto and a old one and the old one is all cast the new one is a stamped peice of shit. I would have gotten the powerfist one at least its cast and its half the price

Tunabomber
04-15-2007, 12:28 PM
i just got one yesterday porlly be fine for a jeep [36]

Murd0c
04-15-2007, 01:12 PM
basicly you pay for what you get. What would u want being stuck in the bush? a jack thats suspect or one that will work?

jhunter
04-19-2007, 09:30 AM
:s30x:
man thats so true you get what you pay for[cheers]

Kinslayer
04-19-2007, 10:52 AM
It's a farmjack - look at the two brands they have there, hilift and powerfist - they are identical besides the decal on them. You don't always have to buy the newest, most expensive everything to get quality.

basicly you pay for what you get. What would u want being stuck in the bush? a jack thats suspect or one that will work?

Wasn't it you who was saying I shouldn't buy a 55,000lbs tow strap because it was from princess auto and would leave me stranded in the bush? Did princess auto rape your father or something?

Fuzzydog
04-19-2007, 11:19 AM
I have found that lately the powerfist stuff is just as good as the name brand stuff. Some research tells why this is....

The Chinese/Taiwanese, whatever (not being racist, it's just the way it is) are very very good at duplicating western technology. The north american companies spent millions and millions developing and perfecting and refining their products. They have to recoup that R&D expense by charging higher for the finished product.

The Chinese manufacturer's fly to the US, buy a Snap on impact wrench, bring it back to China where it is dissassembled and reverse engineered. Their manufacturing costs for the individual components is way less than ours and so they can make a knock off Snap on impact wrench for way less and it is every bit as good as the original because it is an exact copy of the original. Of course they can't put a Snap on label on it so they put a Powerfist label on it. Their R&D expense is a round trip flight to the US and the retail cost of a Snap on impact wrench. This is greatly simplified, but basically this is what is happening.

There is one brand though...I think it is Bulldog.....HOLY COW - stay away from that stuff. I tried a brand new drill once and the gears were insanely noisy, the motor sparked like a 4th of july celebration, balance was crap. I thought I was going to get electrocuted.

ez_b
04-19-2007, 12:18 PM
i have plastic bumpers, what would i know :dontknow:

Murd0c
04-19-2007, 02:04 PM
It's a farmjack - look at the two brands they have there, hilift and powerfist - they are identical besides the decal on them. You don't always have to buy the newest, most expensive everything to get quality.

Wasn't it you who was saying I shouldn't buy a 55,000lbs tow strap because it was from princess auto and would leave me stranded in the bush? Did princess auto rape your father or something?

I never said a thing about a princess auto strap, but most of them there are complete crap.

And your right I don't like princess auto bunch of cheap shit there

CromeY
04-19-2007, 02:38 PM
there not to bad

MikeWild
04-19-2007, 06:38 PM
........ Of course they can't put a Snap on label on it .......

Sure they can, they just misspell it! :D Anyone wanna buy a strap on impact wrench? [15] [15] [15] [15]

Ginger Snaps
04-19-2007, 06:55 PM
iv had two of them that have broke on me since christmas time for another gotta love warrenty...

Foes
04-19-2007, 08:41 PM
well... i used to work there, and saw lots of powerfist model jacks coming back for exchange...not because of some small problem, but because the fucking thing looked like a "C" it was so badly bent. I never once saw a hi-lift come back...

UU
04-19-2007, 08:56 PM
If ya get the jack, get the long one, 60" I think.

Nothing sucks worse than cumming up short.

Tunabomber
04-19-2007, 10:17 PM
If ya get the jack, get the long one, 60" I think.

Nothing sucks worse than cumming up short.

nevermind i just dont feel like being a ass tonight maybe i will edit later :dontknow:

YJ
04-21-2007, 08:14 AM
iv had two of them that have broke on me since christmas time for another gotta love warrenty...

Warrenty is no good when your 60km into the bush. But at the price of them you can always buy two! :D

Balls First
04-21-2007, 10:30 PM
the difference is in the spring i have both a powerfist shit heap and a Hi lift the Hi lift has tougher springs than the powerfist and the powerfist will either disengage or not engage at all by itself other than that theyre the exact same thing

92XJ
04-29-2007, 12:54 PM
Theyre made for lifting tractors and such, im sure they lift up a jeep or anything else, maybe not a mog.