PDA

View Full Version : help please!!!!

bigyellowbronco
04-03-2007, 07:36 PM
on my bronco i went to turn the key and it binded a bit so i turned it alittle harder and felt somethin break so i went and got a new ingnition switch and popped the old one out put the new one in and nothin... its like the little gear in the column is brokin and i cant find a way to pull it appart. any way i can fix this? please help

bigyellowbronco
04-03-2007, 10:00 PM
oh ya and its an 89 with tilt steering

sparkes3
04-04-2007, 09:24 PM
ignition turns a weird little piece that pushes on the ignition rod that connects to the ignition switch that is on top of the steering column under the dash.its a weird little piece of white metal or aluminum that looks like a half moon with a straight piece sticking off it. i just had to replace it on my truck, you gotta get it from ford i'll see if i can find the part # for you.you have to take off the steering wheel then take apart the column .then find something to fit the little threaded holes on the side of the column so you can get the rest of it out so you can change that little piece of metal.if you dont have much patience with little crap spend a hundred bux and get it done at a shop.i coulda burned my truck 5 times while i was trying to get it done

Always broke
04-04-2007, 09:34 PM
Just bypass to a push button switch about 6 bucks at Napa or Lordco:D

bigyellowbronco
04-04-2007, 09:59 PM
ya aha thanks guys i figured it out just finished...it works well...but i will never do that bullshit job again...EVER....wow i hate that shit

landonb
04-05-2007, 02:53 PM
dustin dustin dustin- didnt u go to school to be a mechanic?