PDA

View Full Version : What to use

Bdurig
04-01-2007, 11:01 PM
I'm looking for ideas as to what to use for a snorkle, I've been told pvc pipeing is good but it doesn't really fit my application, I figure this is the place to ask to get a few cost effective ideas, thanx for the help guys. :dontknow:

toyon35s
04-01-2007, 11:18 PM
ya i used pcv pipe and it works sweet looka alright too[cheers]

tenpack
04-02-2007, 07:23 AM
i remember people using the snorkle off the big landcruisers because they fit teh contour lines of the windshield. I tihnk they go on the pass side.

Kinslayer
04-02-2007, 09:35 AM
I'm looking for ideas as to what to use for a snorkle, I've been told pvc pipeing is good but it doesn't really fit my application, I figure this is the place to ask to get a few cost effective ideas, thanx for the help guys. :dontknow:

Snorkles are for posers.

:vroam:

Bdurig
04-02-2007, 10:36 AM
Well thanx for the help guys, I'm sure I'll figure it out.

Bdurig
04-02-2007, 10:38 AM
Snorkles are for posers.

Well, if not wanting to hydraulic my motor by being and idiot when I'm racing in a comp is being a poser so be it.

:vroam:

NickB
04-02-2007, 06:32 PM
I am using the intake hoses from a Dodge cummins diesel. Its perfect. It is rubber also so when you hit shit, it flexes. There is also a hard plastic piece in that setup, that works perfect for the fender hole. If you want I can post pics when I put it in.

NickB
04-02-2007, 06:33 PM
Oh ya, I must be a poser.

F150HULK
04-02-2007, 07:01 PM
I must be a poser too.
Just because I don't like to make K&N sandcastles anymore. [16]

trailburban
04-02-2007, 10:08 PM
Use ABS pipe. it's cheep, black (if you don't want to paint it), paintable, and easy to work with. Just add a little heat and you can mandrel bend it and make it look nice. then get one of those snorkle grills to cap it off. you can mount it by drilling a couple holes and pushing bolts through it from the inside for a clean look.

Bdurig
04-03-2007, 10:42 AM
[36] well thanks again for the ideas, I finnaly decided to go with Non perferated Big O, It'll do the trick, it's plastic so it won't suck flat and it's flexable too. And the best part really cost effective, a six foot lenght was about 17$, so I do sugest it as an option for others. Can be found at most lumbar/ housing material places.

Lucas
04-03-2007, 08:29 PM
[QUOTE=Kinslayer;1109703]Snorkles are for posers.

iam with him-
are you planing on sumerging your truck?
run a good airbox and you wont have issues

Mud Slinging Dumb Fawker
04-03-2007, 08:46 PM
[QUOTE=Kinslayer;1109703]Snorkles are for posers.

iam with him-
are you planing on sumerging your truck?
run a good airbox and you wont have issues

ya but some people like the looks of a snorkel go fuck yourself go fuck yourself go fuck yourself go fuck yourself go fuck yourself go fuck yourself go fuck yourself go fuck yourself go fuck yourself go fuck yourself go fuck yourself go fuck yourself

Kinslayer
04-03-2007, 10:26 PM
ya but some people like the looks of a snorkel

My thoughts exactly.

Do what you want to do man, but I would be spending time on stuff that makes it better, not just better looking.

Bdurig
04-04-2007, 08:13 AM
To defend myself here alittle, from some real amatures, It's for a compitition. So yes I pritty much am planing to submurging my truck in the events, giving'er shit. As for the good air box idea. Great and dandy for a fuel injected vehicle, but when your running a carb, it's abit of a diffrent story. And no it ain't no permanent thing either, so it isn't about the looks.

BeerBaron Sr.
04-04-2007, 01:02 PM
Take my advice and do what you want!!!!!!!!!![It would be a boring existance if everyone did the same thing][36]

Lucas
04-04-2007, 10:48 PM
i found that if you run the stock air cleaner with the 1 tube coming out then run air ducting hose up behind the distributer that seamed to work for me.
I was going to cut the firewall spin the aircleaner assembly and run it into the cab.....never got to it.

The funny thing i see is people build snorkles and dont prep the rest of the truck,are your diff vents raised?is your distributer sealed?do you have electric fans that are switch operated for water crossings?do you have lockers to help forward movment when your in 3+ feet mud/water?

snorkle is useless unless the rest of your truck is preped

just my 2 cents

toyon35s
04-04-2007, 11:11 PM
[iagree]
every thing has to be sealed