PDA

View Full Version : dam full time 4wd

get stuck
04-01-2007, 08:36 PM
well today i was out in my truck and i have never driven it on sement b4 this was my fisrt real time out and i turen on to the sement and the hole truck jumped a few trimes the the front u jounts let any one know what happend there .....oh and by the way my truck is a 1978 dodge power wagon with a dana 44front and on 44s with no locker

In The Zone
04-02-2007, 07:41 AM
unlock your hubs on cement......

and make sure you have matching gears front and back....

i do not believe you will have the d44 for long running 44's

FINGERS
04-02-2007, 07:43 AM
sounds like miss-matched gears

get stuck
04-02-2007, 08:12 AM
purpbly is miss matched gear that fucking dumb ass had so much shit that didnt work on that truck when i got it it coulndt steer even i will have to take a loo at tht because that what i was thinkng too it dosent have lock in hubs ether but i know the 44 will not llast ong but i bagged it the other day good and it help up god enuff till i finda a cheaper 60 front

hrd4mud
04-02-2007, 10:59 AM
Hard to tell what your saing, check the spelling, but heres a little info on Dodge Full time.

The transfer case has 5 positions, 4 low lock, 4 low , nutral, 4 high, and 4 high lock. in the lock position it is like having regular trannsfer case in 4, full power locked to both front and rear. In the regular the transfercase works as a differential, and puts power to both axles, but if one is able to spin power will go there.

If there was binding you must have been in the lock position, unlocked it will not bind, but with different gearing would heat up quick.

As a side note, pulling the lever out of lock does not always unlock it, if it starts binding it will not unlock until pressure is released, you have to back up sometimes for a long time to get it to actually unlock, and the light does not tell you when it is unlocked, you just have to "feel" it.

BTW, you dont have hubs, unless its a new diff. You cant even put them on without a lot of swapping.

In The Zone
04-02-2007, 11:33 AM
could be drive flanges on the front lots o old dodges used em..

but if u had it out the other day bagging it then i would have to lean on the t case not fully disengaging

get stuck
04-02-2007, 04:00 PM
ok i think it must have been in low lock then but when you try to feel low i feels like its not there and it gose right to low lock and same with hi and highlock

Always broke
04-02-2007, 05:44 PM
Lots of those were without drive flanges just a big nut 1 1/8" the tranfer case if it's a 203 will not drive in any position if the gears are different front and back you must take out the front shaft if they are different gearing for making life a little easier you can go with chevy outer knuckles so you can get locking outer hubs:dontknow:

get stuck
04-02-2007, 07:20 PM
that would be a good idea till i can get a dana 60

ChrisC
04-02-2007, 11:36 PM
My power wagon has the 44 with the hubs that are always locked in. Although its not a full time 4x4. it has 2 wheel high also. Does any one know what transfer case it would be?

get stuck
04-03-2007, 08:03 AM
yeah thats wierd dose your front drive shaft still spin when in 2 hi ?

ChrisC
04-04-2007, 11:31 AM
Im really not too sure. when i bought the truck the front shaft was off cause it needed a u-joint.

get stuck
04-04-2007, 04:06 PM
oh yeah hum i havent herd of a t caes like tha i dont think