PDA

View Full Version : just wondering???

Redneck_04
03-24-2007, 12:15 PM
just wondering how much tranny fluid i put in my torque converter??? its for a 700r4 just a stocky :dontknow:

Thanks

hey has anyone hooked up one of these b&M trick shift shifters befor im doin mine tomorrowoa nd just wonderin if theres any tricks?[cheers]

Always broke
03-24-2007, 03:22 PM
I just put in a couple of liters first then install after you lube the snout put in the trans then once it's in put in another 8 liters go through the gears slowly and then top up as needed .

Robo on the board is the real expert just PM him [cheers]

kootenaycat
03-24-2007, 10:04 PM
Not sure how much ATF you will get into the torque on the bench, and when you stand it vertical to install it, you may lose some/most of it anyways. I just coat the pump drive with vaseline where it runs on the seal, install it empty. Then put 5-6 litres in the tranny, start it for 10-15 seconds, leaving it in neutral, shut it off and put in 3 more roughly, start it and run it through the gears at idle and check and top up level as needed.

I know some tranny guys who put in 6 litres, lift the back wheels off the ground, start it and put it in reverse and keep adding until the wheels are turning. I'm not a big fan of that route, clutch packs/bands will be slipping until full line pressure is achieved.

Redneck_04
03-24-2007, 10:12 PM
ok thanks good to no cuz im puttin all this junk in my toyota

Redneck_04
03-24-2007, 10:17 PM
so am i wrong to understand that the tranny pump fills up the torque converter as well???

trailburban
03-25-2007, 12:12 AM
no, your right, but you should put some into the converter before you install it so there isn't a dry spot when you start it.