PDA

View Full Version : rubicon lift kit?

hamsterman
03-21-2007, 07:10 PM
ok so ive been pricing out 6" lift for my 90 cherokee and so far its been fairly costly

today i found some 6" coils for 250 from rubicon and carier will make my leafs for 225 a side now the only thing i need to figure out is the 4 link bar's is it posible to fabricate these? or is there a whole lot of math behind them? has anyone done this? or am i going the wrong way about it and should just fork out the money?

i was told today that theres an auto wrecker in mapple ridge that deals with mostly jeep part's but i dont have the name of the place(fat lot of good the info was[16] ) anyone know who im talkin about? apparently hes got two bulldogs for a logo this being the first dodge ive owned im lost ha ha any help would be apreciated:D

Nutbar
03-21-2007, 07:45 PM
If you do a 6 in lift in the XJ do not do one with out either the drop brackets and the proper length control arms or a long arm set and don't forget the heavy duty trac bar and the relocation bracket for it and the longer shocks and the longer brake lines and the drop pitman arm and the sway bar disconects and the sway bar relocation brackets (if you are gonna run the sway bar) Oh and the ubolts and springs for the rear and all the new bushings and the Tcase drop if you don't do the SYE kit for the Tcase and the tcase shifter relocater plate for the tcase drop

In the end after all the bull shit and fucken around it will work out cheaper and less headaches to get a good lift kit and the Rubicon Express stuff is some of the better kits to get for the jeeps.

Have you tried Matt at Jeap Thrills for the Rubicon stuff?

and the wrecker you are lookin for is Garys autowrecking

hamsterman
03-21-2007, 07:58 PM
i havnt tried jeep thrills yet (guess that show's how much iv'e shopped around:confused0006: ) does garry's stock lift kit's too? i heard he might have some used ones but again is that really the way to go:dontknow:

Nutbar
03-21-2007, 08:35 PM
Garys doesn't do new parts they are an autowrecker and they do time to time get jeeps with lifts .

and its JeAp Thrills (trade mark stuff with Chrysler) the number is 604 465 5559.

Ballsjeep
04-07-2007, 12:11 AM
I was quoted an unreal price from jeap thrills...rubi 4.5 super flex with adjustable uppers and lowers ..for 2000 ...its the best deal I was quoted anywhere around the lower mainland ...or you can pick up a Rough Country 4.5 for 900 bucks tax in ....you just need to buy adjustable uppers with it and some brake lines and your good to go ..for half the price ...I know guys will say RC is crap ...but I have a RC 4.5 ..and a friend of mine has the same kit ...and there fine ...you just need to buy the extra pieces that it doesnt come with ....

Moondog
04-07-2007, 10:46 AM
I was quoted an unreal price from jeap thrills...rubi 4.5 super flex with adjustable uppers and lowers ..for 2000 ...its the best deal I was quoted anywhere around the lower mainland ...or you can pick up a Rough Country 4.5 for 900 bucks tax in ....you just need to buy adjustable uppers with it and some brake lines and your good to go ..for half the price ...I know guys will say RC is crap ...but I have a RC 4.5 ..and a friend of mine has the same kit ...and there fine ...you just need to buy the extra pieces that it doesnt come with ....

You would choose Rough Country over Rubicon express [16]

Ballsjeep
04-07-2007, 05:47 PM
I actually got the kit from Garys ...used ..with adjustable lowers ...JKS discos...adjustable track bar.....for 500 bucks ....couldnt pass it up ..its a good deal ....If I had the cash ..I would buy a Rubi kit ....

Moondog
04-07-2007, 11:20 PM
I actually got the kit from Garys ...used ..with adjustable lowers ...JKS discos...adjustable track bar.....for 500 bucks ....couldnt pass it up ..its a good deal ....If I had the cash ..I would buy a Rubi kit ....

You chose a USED Rough Country lift kit over a Rubicon express [16]

How much lift was that USED lift kit? As $500 for a USED Rough Country kit seems pretty steep to me.

Sorry I just read your post above you bought a 4.5 lift kit I am pretty sure that the 4.5 Rubi kit is only around $900 and it comes complete with adjustable lowers and disconnects. I think that Nutbar will corect me if I am wrong but I thought that the 5.5 long arm kit was $2000 this kit also comes complete with everything that you will need.

fourplay
04-12-2007, 07:09 AM
You chose a USED Rough Country lift kit over a Rubicon express [16]

How much lift was that USED lift kit? As $500 for a USED Rough Country kit seems pretty steep to me.

Sorry I just read your post above you bought a 4.5 lift kit I am pretty sure that the 4.5 Rubi kit is only around $900 and it comes complete with adjustable lowers and disconnects. I think that Nutbar will corect me if I am wrong but I thought that the 5.5 long arm kit was $2000 this kit also comes complete with everything that you will need.

The 4.5 Rubicon extreme duty is the way I went, was approx 1600 ++ f'ing love it [36]

Gettin a used suspension can't be good, unless you know the history and the driver wasn't juvenille...

g'luck [cheers]

Kinslayer
04-12-2007, 08:47 AM
Used suspension, Phht. We are ALL Juvenile. The first thing we do after installing a lift is 25 doughnuts in the parking lot. If you can save some money and the stuff is in good condition, who cares? it might lean a bit, but that just means you need to 'get out of your comfort zone' and flex on the passenger side while wheeling for a bit.

Ballsjeep
04-12-2007, 08:27 PM
Well ..I have been wheeling with this kit ..and Im impressed with it ..it has excellent flex...enough that the springs are just hanging in there ...I have to set my bump stops very soon ...If I had the cash to buy a kit ..it would be a long arm ....but this is a daily driver ....I drive on the free way ...and other than a few more rattles due to the stiff suspension ..it rides straight and tight ....it sits level ...sure I dont have the poser factor at starbucks ..but I dont care about that shit...would I recommend rough country ??? sure ..but just buy the parts in the kit that suck ...buy BDS shocks....and better Discos ....an go have some fun .for under 1000 bucks.....Im not saying its better than RE ...but because you dont have a RE kit doesnt mean you cant do some great wheeling ???