PDA

View Full Version : New wheels and tires on! and some questions.

shawnw
03-17-2007, 09:47 PM
So I got the new wheels and tires on. I was hoping that the rims the tires came on would fit but the center opening was too small so I had to switch them onto the wheels I got with the truck. I think they look pretty damn good and there's no rubbing at all. Loud as hell though. 34X10.5/16's.
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i15/jimbobjoejack/P1050221.jpg

Now I just need to get a proper alignment done as I've got some camber issues right now. Is it possible to get nice, straight tires/wheels on a ttb?
Then toss some blocks in the back to level it out for a while.
The previous owner was kinda rough loading the truck and the front of the bed now rubs on the back of the cab. Now anything rougher than a freshly paved road and I get a horrible squeaking. What would be the easiest way to fix this. I was thinking of drilling some holes and pulling it out with a slide hammer. Any other suggestions?

One last thing I've now got some tires and wheels I don't need. What's a fair asking price?
One set of 285 Baja A/T's on stock 16" Ford steelies. 3 tires have pretty decent tread, while the other is getting low.
One more set of 16" steelies.
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i15/jimbobjoejack/P1050218.jpg

BeerBaron666
03-17-2007, 11:12 PM
Do you have positive or negative camber problem's? Do your wheels go like this / \ or like this \ /

shawnw
03-18-2007, 12:29 AM
They're like / \ It had it with the other tires too. The PO had put on new springs up front but I don't think he ever got the alignment done and it was still set up for the worn old springs.

nykoma
03-18-2007, 07:53 AM
looks good , going to lift more or keep the leveling kit in it. i went as far as the leveling kit and also went with the 16 inch rims[cheers]

shawnw
03-18-2007, 08:15 AM
I think I'm just going to level it out for now. I've got adequate clearance for the time being. That and If I went much higher I wouldn't be able to fit it into the parking garage.

Taxidermy
03-18-2007, 10:44 AM
sweet [36] [36]

shawnw
03-20-2007, 09:41 PM
Is it possible to get nice, straight tires/wheels on a ttb?
The previous owner was kinda rough loading the truck and the front of the bed now rubs on the back of the cab. Now anything rougher than a freshly paved road and I get a horrible squeaking. What would be the easiest way to fix this? I was thinking of drilling some holes and pulling it out with a slide hammer. Any other suggestions?

One last thing I've now got some tires and wheels I don't need. What's a fair asking price?
One set of 285 Baja A/T's on stock 16" Ford steelies. 3 tires have pretty decent tread, while the other is getting low.
One more set of 16" steelies.

?

Tha_Stepside
03-21-2007, 10:20 AM
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t190/Tha_Stepside/bb.gif

tenpack
03-25-2007, 03:29 PM
did you get those tires from kal tire a week or so ago?

The steelies are worth a case of beer or something alongs those lines, i'd keep the tires for spares.

In The Zone
03-25-2007, 05:20 PM
the centre opening is a chevy issue due to the 14 bolt having small bearings

real ford or dodge rims will fit fine over the hubs of s ford or dodge but chev rims wont

the tires will ride nice but are soft for your application if you drive a lot on the pavement they will heat up and go away
as for your box just slid e a2x6 in between and tweak it back..

nonhighwayservice
03-27-2007, 07:35 PM
the fords w/TTB always sit like this / \

Nile
03-27-2007, 08:07 PM
nice truck and tires man

ottoman
03-27-2007, 09:55 PM
your camber on a ford will change when you park it depending wether you back in or drive in

shawnw
03-27-2007, 10:44 PM
the tires will ride nice but are soft for your application if you drive a lot on the pavement they will heat up and go away
as for your box just slid e a2x6 in between and tweak it back..

It's getting an alignment tomorrow. I've come to accept the fact that the truck will eat tires but at least it shouldn't want to veer off the road quite so much. I'll take all the improvment in ride that I can get even if it means new meats a little sooner. And I think I'll try hammering in the 2x6 between the bed and see what happens. Thanks.

hornythrony
03-28-2007, 12:07 AM
nice truck your going to have to tell me how those tires work 4bying and wear im planning on getting a set also just loosen your 6 bolts for your box and move it back and make sure its straight before you tighten them again [cheers]