PDA

View Full Version : 4L issues

weed_420_machine
03-14-2007, 01:15 AM
i put a 1993 explorer 4L in my truck wiring harness the whole 9 the only thing b2 on my truck is the body,frame and gas tank everything else is explorer i found puttin the whole wiring harness in was way easier BUT!.....the 4L's run an in tank fuel pump and the b2s run the inline pump so i did custom lines and ran an inline pump now when i drive around for more then 5 minutes the cats start glowin hot and there not plugged i already holloweed them out thinking that was the problem and im not running any exzaust after the cats..i was told it might have something to do with not getting enough fuel would that be due to the fact im not running an intank pump like the explorer calls for or could it be something else im so confused and lost i dont know what to do fab a intank pump or just run the inline pump and fix the other problem if there is one.....just like to see if anyone else out there with the 4L has had this problem befor or if anyone knows what it is??? thanks [cheers]

derricklordon
03-14-2007, 08:07 AM
first of all you need to find out what the pressures of each pump are, they need to be very close or they will give you problems

derricklordon
03-14-2007, 08:09 AM
does the engine seem to be running okay other wise ?

weed_420_machine
03-14-2007, 10:08 AM
yea it purs i dont get it only when im rompin around it gets like that