PDA

View Full Version : Good Times With The 4Runner

Roya Saffari
03-08-2007, 11:55 AM
This was my boyfriends 4Runner, we had some pretty good times with it..going to Stave and Davis. That all ended though on one night when we were driving down Horn Street in Mission and his breaks locked up, we ended up flipping a couple of times and landed on the driver side in the empty lot across from Pioneer Garage. It was pretty crazy. But I'll never forget the fun times with that thing. Now I just need to get one for myself ;)

d0ubledown
03-08-2007, 12:26 PM
ouch! glad to see you both came out unscathed after that. looked like a beaut of a runner. whatcha got planned for the next truck?

Roya Saffari
03-08-2007, 12:37 PM
I'm trying to find a lifted 4Runner, I wan't one sooo bad. But its been a hard picking right now. Hopefully I'll find something soon thou.

d0ubledown
03-08-2007, 12:45 PM
there are a couple built ones around i've seen on bc4x4 & craigslist .from mild to wild. just depends on your budget...what year/$$$ were you lookin for?

if you want to spend some mad money like 19G's...my buddy is selling is '00 runner lifted/locked/leathered Limited. kinda like mine, but not beat on at all...its a mall crawler.

Roya Saffari
03-08-2007, 12:59 PM
I really want like an '88/'89 so I can take the top off, but I also have a soft spot for the newer ones, I guess it just depends on the price and what not. I can probably only spend up to $12K right now. I'm still working on saving some coinage.

d0ubledown
03-08-2007, 01:05 PM
12K can get you quite alot. a built 1st or 2nd gen one, or an early 3rd gen runner stock. when i was shopping around, i went with the 3rd gen due to more room, more power, and better susp lifts available (no tbar crank or bj spacer bidnezz)...and of course, an oem rear electric locker.

iirc, there was a 96 on craigs with an elocker, for under 12 from what i remember...but 12K will definitely get you something decent in any year runner. remember...a locked truck will get you further than a lifted one ;)

were you able to salvage any of the parts on your BF's truck? looks like there were some goodies on there...

Roya Saffari
03-08-2007, 01:14 PM
OHHH Man, im soooo freakin pissed at myself for this, I could have bought the 4Runner back from ICBC for $500!! Brandon had put a brand new engine in it, the bumper on it was like $2000 alone!! and there was new tires (which he took and sold) but i could've taken sooo many stuff from it. Right now the truck is at Capp'n Crunch and it is like completely scrapped. I'm really mad at myself for that.

KINGCRUISER
03-08-2007, 01:15 PM
I'm trying to find a lifted 4Runner, I wan't one sooo bad. But its been a hard picking right now. Hopefully I'll find something soon thou.

PM lincoln locked, his brother Grant is selling a fully built SAS 4runner. Truck has everything you need to go out and start wheeling.

BigBlockChevy
03-08-2007, 01:24 PM
there is one on bc4x4 right now

7000 i think
nice looking truck

captain
03-08-2007, 01:56 PM
glad ur alright...too bad though, nice lookin 4runner

Roya Saffari
03-08-2007, 02:05 PM
Yeah it was a really nice. It sucks to cuz he was gonna let me buy it off of him for $5000.

mijinkal
03-08-2007, 02:21 PM
OHHH Man, im soooo freakin pissed at myself for this, I could have bought the 4Runner back from ICBC for $500!! Brandon had put a brand new engine in it, the bumper on it was like $2000 alone!! and there was new tires (which he took and sold) but i could've taken sooo many stuff from it. Right now the truck is at Capp'n Crunch and it is like completely scrapped. I'm really mad at myself for that.

Ouch!! That's sucks big time. I'd ask why you didn't buy it back, but it's too late for that now.

Looked like a nice 4runner BTW.

Roya Saffari
03-08-2007, 02:27 PM
The reason why I didn't buy it back was I don't have a spot for it (no garage) and neither did Brandon. But I probably could've found a place for it, like a friends.

flipper
03-08-2007, 03:50 PM
The truck still looks pretty good for rolling a few times, good to hear yor not hurt.