PDA

View Full Version : moms 03 honda

Gaybait
03-04-2007, 09:47 PM
mom paid 903$ to have her car fixed on saturday.. her timing belt and water pump to be done.. i come home from work noticing her car has lost all its oil from her driving it and the oil is all over the underside of the engine and in the engine compartment.. and noticed oil is leakin severly outta the timing belt cover or somewhere around it.. does oil pass through where the timing belt is?? or somewhere around it? because theres oil ontop of the engine in places and dripped all the way down.. pretty serverly. Any idears?

its a 2003 civic

HillBillyLincoln
03-04-2007, 09:51 PM
probaly cam seals

Gaybait
03-04-2007, 09:56 PM
oh ok i know what it is now.. she said they did a "cam shaft cover seal" LOL fuckin idiots are gonna be paying to have the shit fixed

HillBillyLincoln
03-04-2007, 10:00 PM
thats the one, hopefully you didn't lose oil pressure? oil light come on?. Could be more damage than it appears.

Gaybait
03-04-2007, 10:06 PM
ya trust me if theres any fuckin damage at all they WILL be paying.. 6 years ago my mom dealt with em.. they used an impact to tighten her ball joint ( i think it was ) tighten something but anyways her front tire fell off and her car was resting on it in a parking lot.. so if it happened anywhere else she coulda been seriously hurt.. i dont knwo why she went back to them again but.. if they dont fix it.. the incident from 6 years ago and this one will be dealt with by her lawyer go fuck yourself shitty mechanics! go fuck yourself

BrokenToy
03-04-2007, 10:11 PM
me thinks it's time for you to find a new shop to go to :confused0006:

Hello Kitty
03-04-2007, 10:16 PM
ya trust me if theres any fuckin damage at all they WILL be paying.. 6 years ago my mom dealt with em.. they used an impact to tighten her ball joint ( i think it was ) tighten something but anyways her front tire fell off and her car was resting on it in a parking lot.. so if it happened anywhere else she coulda been seriously hurt.. i dont knwo why she went back to them again but.. if they dont fix it.. the incident from 6 years ago and this one will be dealt with by her lawyer go fuck yourself shitty mechanics! go fuck yourself

glad she is safe. could have been bad if it ran outta oil man.

:)

Gaybait
03-04-2007, 10:20 PM
ya man im glad i caught it too.. cuz im sure she wouldnt have noticed the huge pool from every last drop of her oil down the driveway and on her car pad.. lol.. anyways yeah thanks guys.. i just hope they fix it no questions asked cuz she doesnt deserve to be screwed around :(

mini
03-04-2007, 10:23 PM
hopefully they take care of all that for you and your mom.

I think it is time to find a new mechanic to go to

Gaybait
03-04-2007, 10:24 PM
anyone nkow any mechanics in the Coquitlam / poco / Pomo area? this mechanic is downtown.. she actualyl drives to these "retard mechanics" cause she thinks they were good.. maybe now she'll think different

surreysinner
03-04-2007, 10:31 PM
Dont let location decide your decision for a good mechanic. I drive my truck to abbotsford all the time just cuz the shop always does shit right the first time. I cant say enough about the guys at bd performance(diesel shop).actually my truck is going in tues.

Hello Kitty
03-04-2007, 10:46 PM
anyone nkow any mechanics in the Coquitlam / poco / Pomo area? this mechanic is downtown.. she actualyl drives to these "retard mechanics" cause she thinks they were good.. maybe now she'll think different

can she just bring it to a local honda dealer ?

Gaybait
03-05-2007, 08:04 AM
can she just bring it to a local honda dealer ?

she could but its no longer under warrenty and they charge out the bum

bakelite
03-05-2007, 08:07 AM
Who did the work?

Glad she never got hurt man.

jakerngr
03-05-2007, 08:15 AM
make sure they take care of the oil spill in the driveway too

BAM
03-05-2007, 11:09 AM
make sure they take care of the oil spill in the driveway too

:s30x: my sister got an oil change done at crappy tire and they didnt put the drain plug on tight enough so it dripped on her driveway, we got ahold of the manager and got him to personally come clean the oil off the driveway[36]

epic3
03-05-2007, 12:07 PM
If shes not opposed to drivin to the north shore I can recomend a very good mechanic

pumpkin
03-05-2007, 12:15 PM

Yup ME I'm in PoCo at Prarie Certigaurd. work # 941-5151[36]

Gaybait
03-05-2007, 03:31 PM
the mechanic shop is called excellent auto. From what i heard from her today the car was done at 2:30 and the guy said she coulda drove it with no oil in it.. but we decided to have it towed to the shop and they paid for the towing, the repair and the rental car for today. so so far so good.

03-05-2007, 03:33 PM
the mechanic shop is called excellent auto. From what i heard from her today the car was done at 2:30 and the guy said she coulda drove it with no oil in it.. but we decided to have it towed to the shop and they paid for the towing, the repair and the rental car for today. so so far so good.

:confused0006: that sounds like a good idea.

Kinslayer
03-05-2007, 03:39 PM

I think that guy has been watching too many infomercials for 'super-oil' late at night.

jakerngr
03-05-2007, 04:57 PM
i think the story has been twisted a little.....no mechanic would ever tell someone that you could drive with no oil in the engine..thats just asking for a claim.

adrock
03-05-2007, 05:06 PM
i think the story has been twisted a little.....no mechanic would ever tell someone that you could drive with no oil in the engine..thats just asking for a claim.
[iagree] theres gonna be more to it, dosent sound right.

poostang
03-05-2007, 05:13 PM
hmm general 4x4 discussion.............. post in rite forum

Bocephus
03-05-2007, 05:55 PM
she could but its no longer under warrenty and they charge out the bum
dealers charge more but at least it will be done right the first time and and the job will have some sort of warranty on it

jakerngr
03-05-2007, 06:10 PM
i have seen the dealer fuck up they're fair share of shit too

Trooper
03-05-2007, 06:50 PM
If they fucked up your moms car one time before why would she take it back to the same person? I agree no mechanic would tell some one to drive with no oil.

pumpkin
03-05-2007, 06:51 PM
Mechanics and shops are all the same, there's good, and bad. I have buddies that work at dealers, and some of the stories they tell me are down right scarry. Bad mechanics in dealers rip people off just as much as bad mechanics in small shops. Your best off to find a good mechanic and stick with them.

Gaybait
03-05-2007, 10:46 PM
my mom called and she said it lost alot of oil.. i pulled the dipstick and it was so low it barely registered.. the guy was like "you coulda drove it here" but i made her tow it just to be safe. anyways they paid for everything and it turned out it was a gasket.. dont remember what she said but when he revved oil squirted out.. anyways they paid everything. Thanks for all the input everyone

surreysinner
03-06-2007, 01:07 AM
hmm general 4x4 discussion.............. post in rite forum

I didnt want to be the one to start the drama but since it has.......this is not 4x4 related or in the appropriate section.

Think before you post cuz your just going to cause urself more grief. This is a fun shit to do in the province of british columbia site.

Your moms broken car doesnt fit that criteria.

Now lets not turn this into a pissin match , its been said and take 2 of these just for good measures:fighting0071: :fighting0071: [cheers]

flipper
03-07-2007, 10:45 AM
Look up JS Performance in Abby (604 557 7900), awesome guy, mech skills, knowledge, and customer service. Sucks your mom got hosed, if the timeing belt got any oil on it, it should be replaced right away, but sound like the seal needs fix anyway. Maybe a bit of a drive but when needed thats where I go.[cheers]

trailburban
03-07-2007, 10:50 PM
westwood car dealerships are aparently pretty good. westwood honda is in coq/p-moody
I've had terrible expriences with toyota in northvan and port moody (don't know a tie rod from a strut or worn drum from a spare tire)

the_balls
03-07-2007, 11:34 PM
x2 on JSP, good bunch of guys there