PDA

View Full Version : Engine Stand

yota90ca
03-02-2007, 12:34 PM
I have a friend in Castlegar that is looking to borrow an engine stand for a little bit while he rebuilds the engine in his race car. He has all the parts for the car just needs a engine stand to do the work.

PM if you can lend one for a bit.

kootenaycat
03-02-2007, 08:20 PM
Would help your buddy out, but all 3 of mine have engines on them. :D I'd recommend him buying 1, see them on sale once in a while at Canadian Tire, Princess Auto. Check Lordco too, they have cheaper ones that do the job. Unless he's holding a big block, even the cheap ones work fine, never seen one break. The casters on the other hand, [16] just don't roll it around lots.

Who's your buddy and what is he racing?

Kevin

yota90ca
03-03-2007, 09:53 PM
I dont think you would know him as both of us are kind of new to the West Kootenays.

He has a little suzuki car, that needs to have the engine rebuilt so that he can make the drive to work in Nelson. He and I both took the same program at Selkirk College in Castlegar, He works for a percise measurment company that has a Lidar scanner, and I work for the Survey and Design company in the same building in Nelson.

He wants to get a race track in the kootenays and start a car/ truck club as well.

kootenaycat
03-05-2007, 09:22 PM
There is at least one off road club around Castlegar, will get a number for you from the guy at work. As well, there is an Atv club based out of Rossland, same group as the West Kootenay Snogoers.

A track would be awesome, you thinking of oval or 1/4 mile? There is a MX track on the east side of the Salmo/Castlegar pass, and a dirt oval just south of the US/Canada border.

Toyrantula
03-06-2007, 12:15 AM
pm sent

yota90ca
03-07-2007, 02:20 AM
I dont know what he is thinking about for a track but that is a bit in the future by the sound of things. I think he wants to create a club that is into not only trucks and offroading but everything.

Unfortantly for him he found out that he needs a new block, as this one has some unforsen damage to the cylindar wall.

But I defentally would like to have the contact info for the clubs here. Time I did more serious wheeling in the kootenays then exploreing the FSRs. This summer friends of mine from the okanagan and I are going to be wanting to do some ATVing in the area.

Thanks for the help guys

kootenaycat
03-07-2007, 08:36 PM
You have some incredible atving in your backyard. Springer Creek/Lemon Creek area is absolutely amazing. You can ride to over 7000' in elevation, find snow in July, 3' thick ice in August (mine portals), never ending mines to explore, and we have found some awesome quad trails that bypass the logging and old mining roads. Some great history up there with all the mining. Still looking for one mine that had a tramway coming down from it. Forestry deactivated (resloped) the road leading to it, so going to do some hiking around this summer to get to it.

Koch creek is another great area. Can either follow the powerlines down to Fauquier or keep north and climb through the saddle (on quads) and drop down to Burton.

So many places, so little time. Stupid work keeps getting in the way of my fun time!

yota90ca
03-07-2007, 10:13 PM
I know there is a lot back there just need to explore it all. But it is a matter of not over working to have time to have fun.