PDA

View Full Version : 350 TBI

Throttle1982
02-25-2007, 08:52 PM
So my friend and I went down to the local auto wreckers the other day to poke our heads around to see what they had for 350 TBI trucks that were fairly fresh. We came accross an '88 that had JUST arrived, so we went to work taking the throttle body, intake, wiring harness and ECM. Once we got home we layed it all out and were kind of set back on how much work this was going to be. The number one thing we're stumped on is out of all the wires in the wiring harness, WHAT EXACTLY DO WE NEED TO KEEP and what we can weed out of the wiring mess. We also snipped all the wires that went to the fuse box because the yard was closing and we knew by after work the next day it would be all gone. Anyone have a typical wiring diagram that STRICTLY runs the engine?

tenpack
02-25-2007, 09:01 PM
i have a haynes manual that has wire schematics for tbi's, i can take pics of em if you're interested, no garuntees they will be good. No scanner just a camera.

Throttle1982
02-26-2007, 07:41 PM
haha yeah, already tried using the haynes manual, didn't tell us shit.

factor
02-26-2007, 10:33 PM
check your e mail

kootenaycat
02-27-2007, 10:40 PM
Got these from Mitchell. '92 Chevy TBI. Save them and then use XP to slightly enlarge (zoom) them. Should be clear enough to read, hopefully!