PDA

View Full Version : brake issues

jesslee
02-18-2007, 02:57 PM
when i push my brakes it makes a sound like a baseball card in bicycle spokes.:mad: . any knowledge on this at all? i havent a clue. ive yet to rip em open to take a peek see if its all messed inside.:confused:

ray
02-18-2007, 07:47 PM
could be brake line flapping on somthing or mabey accull shoe came of and is flapping on rims

Dieseljeep
02-18-2007, 09:43 PM
Have you ground right through a rotor.I seen this once but very rare Im sure The pad was hitting the intoernal cooling fins on the front rotor .Could be a broken spring/nail(hold down) in the rear causing a shoe chatter.

Best bet is jack up and pull all four.Clean and inspect/adjust and or repair as needed.

FU Toolbag
02-18-2007, 10:55 PM
Have you ground right through a rotor.I seen this once but very rare Im sure The pad was hitting the intoernal cooling fins on the front rotor.

I seen that as well. Actually took the rotor off of the hub. At least it was quiet then.

westcoaster
02-18-2007, 11:10 PM
Looking at the samurai brake rotors, there are no cooling fins. It's a simple metal disk.

Dirty Sanchez
02-18-2007, 11:13 PM
yep, non vented rotors, could be a crack in the rotor though. I wouln't fuck around, take it apart and inspect :mad0215:

jesslee
02-23-2007, 11:43 AM
cool thanks guys ill rip it open this weekend

jesslee
02-24-2007, 05:06 PM
took it all apart and inspected.. put in some new pads and was good to go!, easy fix

brandonmillsap
04-18-2011, 07:10 PM
Hey there. I didn't intend to revive this thread but i just have some questions to ask and i hop you dont mind it. Here's my story:I have a 2008 LS460 with only 20K miles (bought it new) and have had brake issues from the very beginning. First there was a squeak and rough braking with pulsating brakes. Took it in to the dealer (Lexus of Austin) and they bled the system several times. That did not cure the problem. So, they replaced the actuator. The pulsation and rough braking were very obvious when I lightly pressed the brakes. I finally, took it in again and complained for the third or fourth time. This time they found the rotors were warped. The brakes are much smoother now. But the dealership claims the rotors are a wear item and not under warranty. Additionally, that this model has this issue with brakes and any future work would be a charge item. has any one heard about such a problem with the LS460 brakes? and, how can they claim it is not a warranty item ( talking about technical service bulletins (http://www.automd.com/recall-tsb/)here)? Is there someone/somewhere I can raise visibility of this issue (so I don't have to pay for Lexus' quality problems)? I own/have owned 3 Lexus (SC400, RX300, LS460) and convinced several friends to buy them too. But this is very disappointing.

Punk in Drublic
04-18-2011, 08:03 PM
hmm, how many people here wheel a lexus. id sat it needs boggers.