PDA

View Full Version : 22r to re

ryanmacneil8448
02-11-2007, 08:41 AM
ok so heres the deal my truck burns blue alot of it i think its pretty the environment doesnt. i have a 83 with a 22r and have a line on a 22re so my question is what are the differences? could i just bolt up my carb and be good to go? it looks like exhaust ports are different but are intake also? i know what you're thinking just do a efi swap and i would, but i dont have a shop. and the only time i have to work on it is at shop night at work. so that gives me a max of a 7-8 hour window i think the 22re is out of a 87 runner if that helps and my truck looks like it used to be 8 trucks so i cant tell you what year the motor is other than it has a carb and the tranny also will the 87 tranny bolt to my 83 t-case

Toy_Runner
02-11-2007, 08:56 AM
i would swap the 22re in, and leave it as fuel injected

Toyquad
02-11-2007, 08:59 AM
just bolt your carb'd intake on and go. the exhuast manifold, there are a couple different ones. hard to explain, but some have an extra bolt holding it to the head. you might have to remove a stud....... which on toyota's is easy, they usualy come out them selves. it will all bolt up though. i have done what you are trying to do a few times......

the 87 tranny is longer then the one in your 83. the t case will still bolt to it. but you will have to make a new x member mount on the frame and lengthen front drive shaft and shorten rear.

ryanmacneil8448
02-11-2007, 09:07 AM
thanks toyquad [36] so i should grab the motor and exhaust manifold how bout distributor will my old one go in the new motor and will me old mech fuel pump find a home in the 22re head?