PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder auto transmission problem

Taxidermy
02-09-2007, 10:22 PM
On our 93 Pathfinder automatic transmission, sometimes it will not shift into second. We have to stop and turn the key off and then start again. Think this is resetting the computer on the transmission. It is the computer or possibly a sensor. It works better when it is very cold. Happens more when it is hot out. Also if you start in first very slow, it will usually shift OK. Any ideas for a simple fix or would we have to take the transmission apart to get at the computer??? Does anyone know where the computer is for a Pathfinder auto transmission. Can't see it in the manuals.

[27] [27]

kootenaycat
02-09-2007, 10:27 PM
A lot of the time, the trans uses the PCM for the engine to control it. I have never worked on any Nissan auto's, so can't do much more help then that.

I would take it to a shop that can read the trouble codes from the PCM. See if there are any related to trans. Also, check the basics, fluid level and condition, shift linkage adjustment, etc.

Good luck Taxi!

Taxidermy
02-09-2007, 10:45 PM
thanks [cheers]

mark
02-11-2007, 02:39 PM
i was having trouble with my auto slipping and not wanting to engage in reverse. i took it to a shop and it turns out it was just low on fluid due to a leak. that saved me ALOT of money cause i caught it in time. it is a ford though so i dont know if this does anything for you or not. hope it helps.