PDA

View Full Version : 89 Sidekick help needed

cheifman
02-08-2007, 07:18 PM
I have a friend who has a 89 Sidekick and I've narrowed down the problem to no powerat the feul pump. I think it's the computer module but I'm not sure, and since they are $1500 new and $500 used, i want to be sure. The fuel pump relay test good, and tested the injector with a test light, only glows dim when cranking and does not pulse. I've been told that this is a problem with the ECM. I'm looking for a good wiring diagram or advice
Thanks

02-08-2007, 08:43 PM
i just had to do the same thing in my 91.It is a known problem.where are you located?In abby we have a guy that rebuilds them and sells for $350 with a warranty.

VAn Man
02-09-2007, 07:08 AM
Sometimes you just have to run a neww power source to the injector. it's switched to ground so if you try running a jumper to the power side from an alternate power source it might start... I've seen it before

zookiguy
02-09-2007, 10:39 AM
I have a fully rebuilt computer for sale. Tested and in working order.

Also have some used ones.

Email me at

suzuki4x4 at shaw dot ca

MUD CHILD
02-09-2007, 11:20 AM
Sometimes you just have to run a neww power source to the injector. it's switched to ground so if you try running a jumper to the power side from an alternate power source it might start... I've seen it before

This does work my girlfriends had the same problem, all I did was run a new pomer source and we have been driving it for two and a half years like that[cheers]

cheifman
02-09-2007, 06:35 PM
are u puting power to the injetor at the plug or where and is it just keyed power i am on the island