PDA

View Full Version : Driveshaft woes...

needamudpit
02-07-2007, 06:36 PM
so today I'm on my lunch break, lookin for a place to grab some grub... now, I'm stopped at a red light, and when the light turns green and I start to go, suddenly there's a loud THUMP THUMP BANG and the jeep stops moving... I throw it into 4 high to get it off to the side, and when I get out, I see my rear driveshaft laying in the middle of the freekin highway:mad: :mad:

I scramble in between cars to pick up the driveshaft and the strap hardware. So it turns out that one of the bolts holding the strap broke. So now the trick is trying to get the rest of the bolt out without breaking the yoke...

any suggestions??????

MetalMan
02-07-2007, 06:46 PM
Is it broken flush, or is there still some sticking out? If there's enough to get a vice grip on, then just soak it in penetrating lube overnight and bust it out. Otherwise, you've got to drill it out.

dirt balls
02-07-2007, 08:03 PM
just find a wrecker your be able to take a yoke off of all most any jeep with a d35 just watch out there i think there are too diffent sizes i seem to go though a lot of them for some reason so i just get mine from pickapart only 8 bucks its even worth getting a spare or too for that price :)

needamudpit
02-07-2007, 08:18 PM
yaaaaa, it's broken flush, I'm sure I can get an extractor kit from work, I dont wanna break shit and then have to replace it... damn... it wouldnt have pissed me off so much, if I were actually doing something hard on the Jeep, like wheelin it somewhere, but i was driving down the highway

Nutbar
02-07-2007, 08:23 PM
That is a common thing to happen with that bolt and strap retainer system the jeeps use. Matt at Jeap Thrills has a yoke, seal, and U bolt kit so that will never happen again. 604 465 5559

HEAVY METAL
02-07-2007, 08:26 PM
yup u bolts r they way to go.. never a problem...

In The Zone
02-08-2007, 10:33 AM
That is a common thing to happen with that bolt and strap retainer system the jeeps use. Matt at Jeep Thrills has a yoke, seal, and U bolt kit so that will never happen again. 604 465 5559

Yupp had same issue with Lucy

dont fix the yoke upgrade to the better one....[36]

HEAVY METAL
02-08-2007, 10:35 AM
always ( if ya can afford it) upgrade when you break...

MikeWild
02-08-2007, 02:16 PM
always ( if ya can afford it) upgrade when you break...

You must have broke a lotta shit in triple B yo! :D