ok i have no tats yet buy plan on geting one in the very near feauture
its a maple leafe with two lacrosse sticks crossed behind it
byt i have heard that the red dye in the ink can cause your skin to raise
and stay raised
is this true or wat
kuz i dont want to have a fuckd tattoo

bcwheeler
02-04-2007, 09:24 PM
No not really , Old school red pigments used to have iron oxide in them , which cause a lot of reactions to the ink.. But with todays inks you should nto have that problem.. ask your artist what type of pigments he uses wether they are all natural or synthetic pigments.. stay away from anything not all natural and you should nto have any problems...

regulate34
02-05-2007, 10:56 AM
ok because i was talkin to my sisters bf and hes got a buddy that had he name filled-in in red on his fore arm and it got raised up
and wont go down
and it was red ink but no other ikn did it to him and hes got lots

Trooper
02-05-2007, 08:51 PM
iron oxide is natural its rust its why your blood is read. My old lady has a huge rose on her thigh its not raised at all.

ez_b
02-06-2007, 08:47 AM
i gots a lacrosse player on my arm, no color just black. great game

Mud Maiden
02-06-2007, 11:01 AM
I've got a red devil and a red rose and both are fine. Shouldn't have any problems I wouldn't think.

SilverCherry
02-06-2007, 12:06 PM
ok i have no tats yet buy plan on geting one in the very near feauture
its a maple leafe with two lacrosse sticks crossed behind it
byt i have heard that the red dye in the ink can cause your skin to raise
and stay raised
is this true or wat
kuz i dont want to have a fuckd tattoo

I have had MANY troubles with my Red in my tattoos. The red ink does not stay very well, and also created my skin to rise. My one tattoo is a red Canadian leaf, done about 3 years ago now. And i need it redone, the red just looks pink now :mad:

I was told its different for each person. You wont know till you try.

And I must say..AWESOME tat idea!!!

bcwheeler
02-06-2007, 01:37 PM
hah yes iron oxide is rust it is also not so natural to have in excess in your body.. The natural antibodies react and constantly try to remove to pigment ,aka( foriegn body) in doing so the body will produce puss or white blood cells to try to repair the damaged skin. ( scaring) this is why you find a lot of the older pigments or pigments that people try to save money on will fade over yrs more quickly than it should.and at the same time scar worse too. you should not have this problem with a reputable tattoo artist.. The raising can also be caused simply by your tattoo artist trying to hard to put the red pigments in. as it is harder to work these pigments into the skin... Different skin types tend to naturally scar more than others, anyone of european decent for that matter so lets say 75% of the population..lol any who thats that , any more questions feel free to ask.....[cheers] [cheers] [cheers] [cheers] [cheers]

jesslee
02-12-2007, 04:51 PM
certain peoples skin takes the shit differently. simple . ive got tons of different colors they all lay nice and skin smooth for me, but thats just my skin..

barracuda
02-12-2007, 05:13 PM
pigments that people try to save money on will fade over yrs more quickly than it should.and at the same time scar worse too. ...[cheers] [cheers] [cheers] [cheers] [cheers]

How much of a price difference(for the tattoo artist i mean) is there between very high quality ink and low end stuff ? In the scheme of things does it really make alot of sense for the consumer not to request the best ink available ? Is there a shelf life for ? rate of oxidation etc ? Which are the most difficult colours to deal with?

bakelite
02-12-2007, 05:16 PM
Sounds like a cool idea for a tattoo. I wish I never got any colour if I could start over again everything would be black and shading. I like them better now and I've had all my colour redone some twice. Mine raises sometimes, I dunno why.