PDA

View Full Version : 4.3L TBI on a 350

Throttle1982
02-03-2007, 04:35 PM
Apparently you're able to use a TBI system from a 4.3L V6 on a 5.7L 350. My friend just dumped a 350 in his 4runner and has wicked problems stalling going up steep inclines. We've tried going to pick a part and getting a TBI system off a 350, but they're always picked dry by the time we get there, or so rotted and old there's no real use to them anymore. Does anyone know of any good websites that would show how to do this?

Apparently its possible, and my friend up in Ryder lake doesn't have the internet up there, so he was asking if I could get some info on it for him.

tenpack
02-03-2007, 04:59 PM
Truck used a a kit like that when they switched from a tired 4.3L to a 350 crate motor.

http://www.truckstv.com/sites/musclecar/episodes/MC2006-09.php

"S10K V-8 Swap -- Holley ProJection EFI
Holley 2-barrel ProJection electronic fuel injection uses specifically optimized manifold (shown). Its two-injector throttle body hooks up to stock wiring harness, but mixture is user-controlled. ."

http://www.holley.com/types/Pro-Jection%202-Bbl%20Throttle%20Body%20System.asp

p.s hows the cummins? Liked your truck a lot and hope you didnt sell it.

Throttle1982
02-04-2007, 06:10 AM
p.s hows the cummins? Liked your truck a lot and hope you didnt sell it.

Yeah thats not me haha, I don't know anyone with a cummins.

Thanks for the info. Being that we're cheap, has anyone done this with a pick a part motor hehe.

pumpkin
02-04-2007, 08:12 AM
The wiring harness, computer, and sensors are the same. The prom, dist, and thrttle body are different. You could possibly use the throttle body, however the injectors have a lower flow rate of fuel.

FU Toolbag
02-04-2007, 09:23 AM
A while ago on trucks they converted a 4.3 to a 350 and all they did was switch out the injectors. Everything else was left, even the computer. So it should work. Is the distributor is the same for a carb and a throttle body? I'm not sure. Should go out and look at mine.

hodge
02-04-2007, 01:39 PM
ya i believe you only need to swap out the 4.3 injectors for the ones from a 350

MetalMan
02-04-2007, 02:07 PM
Yup injectors need to change. And no, carb disty's are different than carb ones...carb uses vacuum and centrifugal advance. I don't think the computer controlled distributors use any kind of advance (computer controlled).

Mr Vic
02-05-2007, 12:37 PM
Apparently you're able to use a TBI system from a 4.3L V6 on a 5.7L 350. My friend just dumped a 350 in his 4runner and has wicked problems stalling going up steep inclines.

i have similar problems on my 2wd chevy with tbi 350. it will do this driving up a hill sometimes - motor is going so there are also other problems.. [16]

apparently on these TBI motors when going up steep inclines the fuel gets washed into the back cylinders and does not hit the front cylinders casuing the sputtering and stalling. i can't verify that but it sounds logical enough. there is no fix for it AFAIK. The colorad k5 forum has a shitlaod of info on TBI motors

http://coloradok5.com/forums/index.php

[cheers]