PDA

View Full Version : need help in new west

Tunabomber
01-31-2007, 07:10 PM
hey im haveing a problem with the front end on my jeep gots some play going on but i am no expert at diagnostic

i can fix it if i know what the prob is

any one round new west that knows solid axel front ends ?:rolleyes:

FINGERS
01-31-2007, 07:39 PM
??????

factor
01-31-2007, 08:16 PM
what kinda play?

Mr Vic
01-31-2007, 08:24 PM
what kind of problem? I never had any issues with those axles when they were under my jeep, mind you my 4 cyl and 33's won't put as much stress as the 4.0 and 35's on your jeep.

did you re-torque everything a few hundred km's after the swap was done? maybe something got worked loose?

Pegleg
01-31-2007, 08:26 PM
whats wrong??death wobble

Toyquad
01-31-2007, 08:52 PM
bring it by my work fucker...... i'll fix it..... if i cant.... i'll use the big fork lift to put it where it belongs..... in the garbage bin

Tunabomber
01-31-2007, 10:17 PM
no wobble but there is a spot between left and right where there is some play in the steering wheel and kinda a click noise .

so when i turn the wheel froim straight to l or r u can feel a click in the wheel and a little play
im thinking tie rods or center link i have looked while the wheel is turned and there seeems to be movement everywhere and when i grap the long bar that conects the 2 wheels i can twist it like a throttle 45-60 dgrees ant there seems to be a lot of play in the tie rod ends

like i said im no expert on this stuff sorry if my example is so crapy

Tunabomber
01-31-2007, 10:18 PM
oh and trev thanks man [cheers]

oh and trev go fuck yourself jeep no garbage

Tunabomber
01-31-2007, 10:20 PM
what kind of problem? I never had any issues with those axles when they were under my jeep, mind you my 4 cyl and 33's won't put as much stress as the 4.0 and 35's on your jeep.

did you re-torque everything a few hundred km's after the swap was done? maybe something got worked loose?

i would like to say i tightend everthing but have you seen my hail post [16]

Shera
02-01-2007, 01:00 PM
Sounds like you and Tim are having the same problems ;he's got trouble with the front end again, took out the drive shaft to see if that helped but still groaning ,also leaking some type of oil onto the front street of our house ,which is just to add with the diesel blowing the rear main seal oil there also ,so I'm not jinking my truck by parking it onto the street , maybe thats your problem I think our street is cursed:dontknow:

Mr Vic
02-03-2007, 01:28 PM
it might be that the tie rod ends need to be replaced, aside from a drop pitman arm the sterring linkage is stock, with 6" lift there is going to be some extra stress on the parts and the tie rod ends could get worn out quick.