PDA

View Full Version : truck model

kamloopsyota
01-31-2007, 06:28 PM
hey does anyone know about the old Deluxe model toyotas, apparently my spare truck is one??? ive never heard of this before besides an sr5 or base model. also, whats engine is L its an 82 made in Feb so it should be a 22r right? but the vin tag says 2188cc instead of the 2366cc and engine code L instead of 22r.

ive tried searching the model number LN40L-MDK the last piece is 5 speed delux model made in canada. LN should be engine type, 40 would be basic model type and L just means left hand drive. so if anyone has some info on this please help cause the vins are clean haha so i wanna register it maybe.

sj-x 500
01-31-2007, 07:44 PM
that thing just keeps gettin better

slacker
01-31-2007, 08:27 PM
L is the engine type ... its a diesel NOT gas .

L = diesel
R= Gas

there were 3 different modles back then .. standard /deluxe / SR5

deluxe simply means there was a couple of extra trim idems . .. carpet on the bottom of the doors , better door panels .. ect.

sj-x 500
01-31-2007, 08:38 PM
that was def. not a diesel... not in there at least.

kamloopsyota
01-31-2007, 09:14 PM
no larry, i got another hahaahahaha

fuckin eh i was thinking it would be diesel....then i looked and its an 84 frame..fuck, 84 everything except for the cab and box, hence why there was no papers im guessing, although the vins are clean. the door panels have some spanky facotry speakers in them, and still work, nicer seats and stuff, guess thats all it is. thanks for the info slacker

kamloopsyota
01-31-2007, 10:23 PM
heres another one, this is on the frame, took me a while to chip the paint and boxliner off of it but i finally got it thanks to an assload of brake clean. i cant figure this one out besides the rn which is 22r

RN48-064935

its too small to be a vin number isnt it?? im running the numbers through the police thing cause if possible i wanna get the two matching vins to be registerable

slacker
02-01-2007, 08:15 AM
LN40L-MDK .

is ABSOLUTLY a diesel ... NO QUESTION .

frame says
RN48-064935

then either the frame has been changed , or the cab has been changed .

I cant remember the exact date .. but i believe it was /84 when the 17 didgit vins were universally introduced .... that # would be the vin .

kamloopsyota
02-01-2007, 12:44 PM
hmm yeah, its for sure body was changed since the tranny t-case is a forward shift instead of the top shift like i wanted, would have been nice if that was a diesel haha, i just gotta figure out the frame cause dont really wanan be driving, get pulled over and have a hardcore look at all the numbers, maybe ill just part it all out still, thanks for the help

slacker
02-01-2007, 05:34 PM
dude ... 2wd ..
I have some free parts for ya ..
http://bb.bc4x4.com/showthread.php?t=105674

it's goin to scrap very soon .

kamloopsyota
02-01-2007, 07:15 PM
i need 4wd parts haha, 81-83 top shift tranny and t-case to be specific or just the tranny, i got stuff to trade

my buddy was looking to make a prerunner though ill tell him you have a frame

GOT MUD
02-02-2007, 07:44 PM
is ABSOLUTLY a diesel ... NO QUESTION .

frame says

then either the frame has been changed , or the cab has been changed .

I cant remember the exact date .. but i believe it was /84 when the 17 didgit vins were universally introduced .... that # would be the vin .

ok here's the scoop. the vin's are a 10 digit until 81, then they change to a 17 digit as far as i've been told. until 81 they only had a tag on the dr. side door piller and the frame and the seat belt retractors. then they started putting them on the dash and the firewall as well, and as far as the RN in the number it stands for registration number not 22r, and the L in the # on the block means it's a diesel engine, and my bet from what i've heard here is that the cab has been put on an 80 or so frame and all the running gear stayed the same. but the truck ain't here in front of me so it's all just here say.