PDA

View Full Version : issues

BrentG
01-25-2007, 01:03 PM
Hey guys, asking for a little assistance:
I'm in the middle of trying to install a calmini limited slip carrier into an 02 tracker w/ 4.88 gears.
the new carrier is different, too wide to accept the ring gear, and the spacing is wrong.
I called tech at Calmini and apparently there are a few "oddball" trackers with this problem, they didn't have a solution.
so my question to you is:
a) has anyone come across this before?
b) does anyone have a 3rd from an 02 automatic with 4.88 gears, no abs?

thanks

Brent

youngun
01-25-2007, 03:13 PM
i would send it back to calmini and tell them they screwed up and didn't tell you that there was a chance it wouldn't work. Or re sell it and get your money back outta it and just put a locker in the rear

BrentG
01-25-2007, 11:27 PM
unfortunately this is a customers truck, he got the locker from calmini, I called them, they said there is the chance it won't fit.
also, no one makes a locker for this particular year tracker that I could find, I called richmond gear (powertrax & detroit) and checked out a few other places, but none available

youngun
01-26-2007, 01:35 PM
interesting, im pretty sure you could get a locker that would fit in that carrier. How many splines are on the axle shaft? it might be possible to get the sidegears from a sidekick and use those along with a suzuki sidekick lockrite locker, just a thing to look into that might work.