PDA

View Full Version : cooper ST

REDNECK-WELDING
01-25-2007, 10:57 AM
has anyone ran the cooper st? not the stt...im woundering how they wear ect.any info ont hem would be great ..looking for a set of 255/85/16 set of 6 if you can get them thank...

highwaystar
01-25-2007, 04:26 PM
Ive been planning to get a new set of tires in that size for awhile now one day.
That tread on the cooper S/T looks suspiciously close (identical) to the old Big O XT which has now changed, but was offered in that size. (same manufacturer maybe?)

Its also suspiciously like the motomaster roughrider m&s from canadian tire which is not available in 255/85/16.

for what its worth i plan on getting that size in the Big O XT as I had the old style (tread like the coopers you are inquiring about) and they were an excellent compromise of traction and wear

BF Goodrich offers their MT and AT in a 255/85/16 which i believe actually measures out a little bit taller than the big o and cooper versions. But who can afford that crap.:dontknow:

ShortStack
01-25-2007, 05:35 PM
I have the Cooper St's on my Blazer and so far so good. Not too loud and haven't had probs with there performance yet.

We had the Cooper Stt's on or YJ and werent real impressed. But Hyenuf has STT's on his big ass ford truck and he was/is happy with them.

[cheers]

FU Toolbag
01-25-2007, 05:40 PM
How much space do they have between the duels?

adrock
01-25-2007, 06:19 PM
hey pete that is the old tread pattenr off the older motomaster ms i guess i should have looked at them the first time when you told me about them. they should be alright but you shold go up to the shop and talk to alex and see if he thinks that pattern was any good when we sold them.

Pudge
01-25-2007, 06:55 PM
Big O doesn't make any of their tires. Cooper makes their own and tires for many others. Big O designs them and has people build them for them (as far as I know), same as motomaster's, sear's, Pro Comp, etc...

I don't really care for the tire, but I don't get people complaining about them either, so.....?????

REDNECK-WELDING
01-25-2007, 08:02 PM
the big o ones will wear quick on my 1 ton dodge they said...they told me about the coopers....the bfg's are about the same price

REDNECK-WELDING
01-25-2007, 08:11 PM
Big O doesn't make any of their tires. Cooper makes their own and tires for many others. Big O designs them and has people build them for them (as far as I know), same as motomaster's, sear's, Pro Comp, etc...

I don't really care for the tire, but I don't get people complaining about them either, so.....?????
what would you run then??

Pudge
01-26-2007, 07:33 AM
depends where you buy them I guess:dontknow: :D

REDNECK-WELDING
01-26-2007, 09:00 AM
depends where you buy them I guess:dontknow: :D

well hook me up with a price on both:fighting0071: my buddys down there so he can pick them up for me...wnad you didnt say what ones you would run[cheers]

Camorokee
01-26-2007, 09:24 AM
has anyone ran the cooper st? not the stt...im woundering how they wear ect.any info ont hem would be great ..looking for a set of 255/85/16 set of 6 if you can get them thank...

you're a [1d] :D

REDNECK-WELDING
01-26-2007, 09:51 AM
:fighting0071: not everyone get swampers at cost so.....how did those ssr wear on your dually? what would you run besides a swamper chris?

Camorokee
01-26-2007, 04:22 PM
If I was keeping the truck for a while toyo m/t best street mud tire around.Plus they are a nice 10ply load range e but they are not cheap.