PDA

View Full Version : reccomendations

crimsen
01-24-2007, 11:55 PM
there are alot of people out there who do tattoos, and some are better then others. who have you work on you, or seen work done by, that you highly reccomend them?

Wes Gauley at Wes's Tattoos (Maple Ridge)

Dutchman (New West) http://www.dutchman-tattoos.com/

tawd at lady luck (langly) http://www.ladylucktattoo.ca/

are 2 of the common names i hear pop up. who else out there is a master or their art ? looking into getting a back piece or shoulder this fall and i need it to be good.

fishhead
01-25-2007, 12:02 AM
heyt jess check out screamin eagle in winbuck acrposs from turtle bay in the mall there, he is prety damn skilled at what he does,im happy wityh my work
he's done

Papa Pete
01-25-2007, 06:16 AM
Ya Wes or the Dutchman

Your gonna pay but they are some of the best IMHO

Princess
01-25-2007, 09:22 AM
Oh totally, anyone at the Dutchman, you don't get a job there unless your GOOD... but like Pete said, you'll pay big but you'll get GREAT

Brian does good work too http://www.brianstattoo.com/

UU
01-25-2007, 09:23 AM
p/m Mike a.k.a. bc wheeler :vroam:

Pudge
01-25-2007, 09:28 AM
yep, like the ones posted already, I would go to any of those places no problem. My cousin lives in your area and has quite a few high quality tattoo's by some of those already mentioned, and travels from K-town to Vernon now for ink work. I could get the name if you like, I trust cous's judgement as he is quite picky/particular as to where he goes.

Papa Pete
01-25-2007, 09:32 AM

Only if you want what were they called oh ya jail house tattoos[f] :D :D :D [f] :vroam:

UU
01-25-2007, 09:56 AM
Only if you want what were they called oh ya jail house tattoos[f] :D :D :D [f] :vroam:

[/indent]

Umm, I think it was crooked jail house tattoos, but ya

Papa Pete
01-25-2007, 09:59 AM
Umm, I think it was crooked jail house tattoos, but ya

ya that was it[15] [15] [15] [15] [15] [15] [15]

Honky
01-25-2007, 10:14 AM
And isnít the symbol for Pisces a Fish not water?:D :vroam:

http://www.jyotishvani.com/sunsigns/images/pisces.jpg

Papa Pete
01-25-2007, 10:17 AM
ya it is cause water is Aquarius:D :vroam:

apefrill
01-25-2007, 10:18 AM
I've heard really good things about Primal in Kelowna too Jesse.

drew
01-25-2007, 01:44 PM
what about "liquid sliver" on scottroad in delta???

I got my first tattoo there and thought it was ok! i havent seen many other tattoo shops and i just wana know how others rate it so when i get my next tattoo i make the right choice on where to go!

bcwheeler
01-25-2007, 01:47 PM
Hey you .. Pisces is a fish and fish I believe live in the Fukin water , Not sure about that but Ill check into it...:dontknow: :dontknow: [cheers] And they were only jail house tattoo' s When I was In Prison... And even then they were good... Like Walt said about opinions...
They are like assholes ..Yeah well Most peole dont mind thier assholes But most people usually prefer them to stay Fukin quite.go fuck yourself :party0010: :party0010: [cheers] [cheers] [cheers]

bcwheeler
01-25-2007, 01:49 PM
And well I m just a crooked bastard too so bah!!! meh !!!! PPPFFFTTTT !!!!!

Pudge
01-25-2007, 01:52 PM

I got my first tattoo there and thought it was ok! i havent seen many other tattoo shops and i just wana know how others rate it so when i get my next tattoo i make the right choice on where to go!

I wouldn't go there, but I know of a few that have gone there and turned out aight, just my 2 pennies[cheers]

bcwheeler
01-25-2007, 02:01 PM
Hey no matter where you go , jsut be sure to look at thier portfoliio and check out the quality of the line work make sure it is nice and solid not all scratchy unless the design calls for it, Look at pics of healed tattos if they go tthem, Look for solid coloring and smooth shading .. try to ask around in the shops as to who prefers to do your style of tattooing.... Most vetran tattoo artist's shouldnt have a problem telling you If they liek your design or not, Just be sure the person you are going to Is On the same page as you are.. My 2 cents

And obviously the typical sterilzation stuff too...[cheers] [cheers] [cheers]

Mudgirl
01-25-2007, 02:04 PM

I got my first one there
i think they charged too much, and the work wasn't that great

not a place i'd recommend
my 2nd was done by michelle @ fat city (in New West) she did a killer job - i went back last year to see her & she doesn't work there no more :(

Pudge
01-25-2007, 02:24 PM
most of mine were done at Fat City when Vinnie & Kerry were there, not sure who's there now. Wish Vinnie had another shop, and Kerry was still alive, both my personal favorites.

Gaybait
01-25-2007, 03:45 PM

x2 [cheers]

drew
01-25-2007, 04:59 PM
yah i found that liquid sliver over charged me cause mine wasnt that big and i was dinged over 200$ when it was done and it didnt even take 20min. good job though!

crimsen
01-25-2007, 06:37 PM
the price i am not worried about. as long as it is exceptionally well done, i have no problems.

i have known a few people to go to screaming eagle here in winfield and it seems like a nice place. just being small its hard to base a reputation. the one i have wanted will be a full back one, and no way do i want any risks with it. there are also a couple small ones i would like, which i may get done there tho.

fishhead
01-26-2007, 07:48 PM
jess i wuld go into talk to cary at screamin eagle wicked work awesome guy to deal with, with it being a small one man operation there isnt much of a big rep in the area. alot of my buddys have gone to primal in the past, there are a couple good guys there but the rwst really suck ass and they dont have friendly staff( a few of them are/look like fuckin crackheads) i ont ever go there.. since getting my work done at s.e. i have had several of my friend decide to go there for future work. if ya wanna take a look at mine give me a call 864 6269er

Missy's Jimmy
01-26-2007, 09:36 PM
Nigel at Gangster's Ink - Chilliwack

exo_toy
01-26-2007, 10:17 PM
Dan at Primal did my 2. He is doing a full sleeve on jesselee. everything looks real good so far.

I think I might try screamin eagle for the next one though. Sometimes the small shops can be nice, more attention to detail and customer service.

mini
01-26-2007, 11:24 PM
Nigel at Gangster's Ink - Chilliwack

nigel is a fukin asshat go fuck yourself that cant seem to find the light of day to help out a potential customer, unless of course your already friends with the guy

bakelite
01-27-2007, 03:50 AM
Praying Mantis Tattoo....it's in Williams Lake but Brian is freaking awesome. Great guy, great work, a true artist, he does a lot of art work (paintings) and airbrushing on just about anything also. It's a long way to travel but you would be happy with his work guaranteed. (250) 392-6311.

On the other end of the spectrum...Rocky's in Kamloops is shit.

joshjohnbaun
01-28-2007, 01:23 AM
go down to primal and talk to dan.... hes doing all my brothers sleeve (jesslee) so far it looks great, he just got a new angler fish
http://intelligence.jrc.cec.eu.int/marine/fish/impast/angler%20fish.jpg
great highlights and clean lines, hes done his other 2 as well, a capricorn and a squid, looks great, vibrant colors and are all still looking good!

fourplay
01-28-2007, 11:38 AM
I've had most of mine done by Frank at SUPREME Tattoo's in Chilliwack..

He does great work, but his new "dizzle" sucks and shouldn't be doin customers ... I let him do my Steelers tat and it came out crappy..

Can't book with frank anymore, rockstar attitude and no time anymore..

Gonna be lookin for a new artist, probably gonna try Fat city, heard alot of great things..

[cheers]

bigguysmalltruck
01-28-2007, 12:31 PM
some of you are on crack if you are compairing wes to the dutchman.two different worlds[36]

Miss Chill 212
01-28-2007, 12:43 PM

I don't like to talk shit about other peoples work however I know a couple of people that have had work done there and after what I've seen I would NEVER recommend that place. Shit work at best.

crimsen
01-30-2007, 10:15 PM
how is tawd at lady luck ?

Ironman
01-30-2007, 10:34 PM

he does reallly good work 4 guys i knowc got full sleeves and 1 a full back from him and they look great[cheers]

Hello Kitty
01-30-2007, 10:42 PM

he's fucken awesome. all my shit is from him. did cheeky's back, arm, etc. too.

[cheers]

Murd0c
01-31-2007, 11:51 AM
going to do sues work on her legs

surreysinner
02-05-2007, 04:38 AM
Got a friend that had work done from brians and it was some of the best shit ive see.

I got some liquid sliver work done and actually have a piece that needs to be finished by "ed" the owner in the next month or so.

surreysinner
02-05-2007, 04:41 AM
Not to mention bcwheeler has posted some killer stuff he has done in the past.

flipper
02-06-2007, 09:58 PM
Got mine done by Donavin at formerly lady luck now just tattoo

killer toy
02-07-2007, 01:33 AM
starting my sleve on sat (feb 10th) with jesse at dutchman his sketch looks killer so far ill let you know how it goes i think the dutchman had some shop writeup in a tatoo mag like a month or 2 back mabey find it on the web somewhere...

crimsen
02-07-2007, 07:22 PM
do you have a pic of the sleeve you are gonna be getting ?

jayinsurrey
02-07-2007, 10:55 PM
My brother does tattoos. Has a shop in Vernon. Check out is site www.fatbabycustom.com

killer toy
02-08-2007, 06:11 PM
will post on sat or sun

MetalMan
02-09-2007, 09:28 PM
Are there any GOOD places in or close to Abby that DON'T have ridiculous waiting lists?

crimsen
02-10-2007, 07:53 PM
do you really want a place that doesn't have a long waiting list ?

Hello Kitty
02-11-2007, 12:18 AM
do you really want a place that doesn't have a long waiting list ?

depends. if they are busy WAIT. we don't need drive thru ink house/ starbucks coming soon.

:D

drama

Mr Vic
02-20-2007, 10:53 PM
sun city in penticton is good, Rob is the main guy there, friend of mine has a few tats from him. good work

DeViL_cHiLd
02-21-2007, 01:27 AM
personally the only person i would ever recommend to anyone is wes. i got my tattoo done almost seven years ago and the colour is still amazing...people who ask me about it cant believe i got it done that long ago because it still looks so good. so go to wes everyone!!

BOVINE
02-21-2007, 09:37 PM
Waited three months to get in with Rob Hope at the dutchman...Totally worth the wait....

bcwheeler
02-22-2007, 07:30 PM
hmmmm I say nothing... no I say some thing ... My two cents ...
A waiting list means Fuck all.. If you sit ther every day and you watch these people tattoo for 6-8 hours a day for the 6 months they say they are booked for , than cool Other wise I call bullshit.. Kare Flatmo one of the best artist going right now ,, maybe 4 weeks to get in with .. Tom renshaw 3 months MAX.. Deano Cook same.. Mike Parsons Same.. Guru tatoo Same weeks at best.. Take ur blinders off , Its easy to make the public and non industry savey people think you are the shit by saying you are booked for 6 months.. Not all of them do but ,, Most are full of shit .They just want to keep working 3 days a week, Its a great job we have ,,,lol . Im booked at least a month out , but I can make time for anyone.I do about 4-5 full sleeves a week . But I can just as well say I am booked for 6 months.. as for poeple formentioned on this thread ,, seen some good work from Todd guy could be cleaner.. Wes I can not say I would recommend unless you are getting black and grey skulls.. Liquid havent seen enough to judge.. Dutchman has some killer artists Rob Hope one of the top artist around.. The Dutchman himself , a little out dated.. Great none the less .. David shoore , Kirt wiscomb.. Craig driscoll if you can find him .. ( in the states at Guru for a while not sure if hes returning) in Wash.. There is Arron Cain Fukin Retarted good.. If you guys want some links pm me..

oh and before anyone gets thier panties in a wad..Everyone else can opinionize so can I .. yes thast right ... lol Tattoos are the same as any art " In The eye of the beholder" So if you like what you see or get who gives a Flyin Fuck !!!! [cheers] [cheers] [cheers] [cheers]

BOVINE
02-22-2007, 11:02 PM
Take a weekend and go around to a few places that are listed here and some others . Look at there work and who ever you like the best go to them and if you have to wait , Wait and if not good.

Suz
02-22-2007, 11:04 PM
Waited three months to get in with Rob Hope at the dutchman...Totally worth the wait....

come on show us some pics :p

BOVINE
02-22-2007, 11:27 PM
You`ve seen them already:D :D

Suz
02-22-2007, 11:33 PM
You`ve seen them already:D :D

well now...yes, yes I have :party0010:

but, not everyone else has :D

BOVINE
02-23-2007, 12:02 AM
K...i`ll see if I can figure out how to post a pic.

Hello Kitty
02-23-2007, 12:23 AM
hmmmm I say nothing... no I say some thing ... My two cents ...
A waiting list means Fuck all.. If you sit ther every day and you watch these people tattoo for 6-8 hours a day for the 6 months they say they are booked for , than cool Other wise I call bullshit.. Kare Flatmo one of the best artist going right now ,, maybe 4 weeks to get in with .. Tom renshaw 3 months MAX.. Deano Cook same.. Mike Parsons Same.. Guru tatoo Same weeks at best.. Take ur blinders off , Its easy to make the public and non industry savey people think you are the shit by saying you are booked for 6 months.. Not all of them do but ,, Most are full of shit .They just want to keep working 3 days a week, Its a great job we have ,,,lol . Im booked at least a month out , but I can make time for anyone.I do about 4-5 full sleeves a week . But I can just as well say I am booked for 6 months.. as for poeple formentioned on this thread ,, seen some good work from Todd guy could be cleaner.. Wes I can not say I would recommend unless you are getting black and grey skulls.. Liquid havent seen enough to judge.. Dutchman has some killer artists Rob Hope one of the top artist around.. The Dutchman himself , a little out dated.. Great none the less .. David shoore , Kirt wiscomb.. Craig driscoll if you can find him .. ( in the states at Guru for a while not sure if hes returning) in Wash.. There is Arron Cain Fukin Retarted good.. If you guys want some links pm me..

oh and before anyone gets thier panties in a wad..Everyone else can opinionize so can I .. yes thast right ... lol Tattoos are the same as any art " In The eye of the beholder" So if you like what you see or get who gives a Flyin Fuck !!!! [cheers] [cheers] [cheers] [cheers]

hmmmmmm what tawd you speak off roundyeye ?

bcwheeler
02-23-2007, 12:35 AM
Think he is out pf lady luck nto sure.. go to sacred heart or find david shoore , Or If you ask the right people they will send youto me .. haha shameless plugs lol[cheers] [cheers] [cheers]

i have some from TAWD at lady luck as do some friends. Good work as far as I can see.

seen your stuff looks not too bad after about 36 beers.

BOVINE
02-23-2007, 12:42 AM
Iv`e seen the work you have done for WARLORD and think you have done a pretty good job. It will be a great piece when its done.

Hello Kitty
02-23-2007, 12:44 AM
warlords stuff loooks purdy good man.

just needs a blender and extenion cord down his arm...

:dontknow:

Murd0c
02-23-2007, 12:50 AM

:dontknow:

[15] [15] [15] [15] [15] [15] [15]

doesn't LL COOL J have that tho :confused0006:

Hello Kitty
02-23-2007, 01:01 AM
[15] [15] [15] [15] [15] [15] [15]

doesn't LL COOL J have that tho :confused0006:

shut up gearbox queer.

:s30x:

MetalMan
02-23-2007, 11:01 PM
Trying a new guy tomorrow. We'll see how it turns out.

bcwheeler
02-24-2007, 12:35 AM
how the fuck did someone edit my post.. hmmm hmmm 36 beer aint enough for some work to look good

UU
02-24-2007, 08:30 AM

:confused0006: Hmmmm

bcwheeler
02-25-2007, 06:03 PM
how about a blender pluged into a replica "pile o pooh" outlet ?????