PDA

View Full Version : Tranny/T-case mounts

drknyght
01-24-2007, 05:12 PM
I ruined my stock lower side rubber mounts awhile ago-(cross member mounts)...replaced them with harder rubber (aka carved up hockey pucks) and gr 8 hardware but they still flex a lot and piss me off, is there any reason why i can't make solid steel or aluminum mounts or is that flex needed. Also same issue withe the motor mounts. I feel like everyhing moves too much.:confused0006:

HEAVY METAL
01-24-2007, 05:13 PM
im tryin too solve that problem myslef.. if my stupid cadillac would stop breakin down id have the money too fix my shit.....

epic3
01-24-2007, 05:47 PM
im tryin too solve that problem myslef.. if my stupid cadillac would stop breakin down id have the money too fix my shit.....

is the parts man pimpin more than you now

drknyght
01-24-2007, 08:52 PM
metal i kow this is off topic but i saw you rollin ur beast few weeks back in the pouring slush... top off:happy0045: my 6 yr old thought it was the funniest thing and demanded i take my doors off again. I haven't listened to him yet. So how do we solve this mount problem. I feel my whole engine/tranny/t-case shifting through my shifter when ever i floor it. Is there after market solid mounts? I don't even want poly mounts either. let me know ur solution.

Dustbin
01-24-2007, 09:16 PM
weird.. mines still pritty solid.

tenpack
01-24-2007, 09:48 PM
Im guessing has something to do with the condition of the mounts too. Newer ones being stiffer than old worn out ones. Mine seem pretty soild. What year do you have, mines an 83 and is good.

Andrew Goll
01-24-2007, 11:21 PM
engine mounts gooder? go poly urethane from engine to tcase

HEAVY METAL
01-25-2007, 08:48 AM
drknyght... i will get the link of the motor mounts im orderin tonite for ya.. solid mounbt that bolts in.. no bushings... gonna chain the motor down..... take out factory crossmembers... make new ones..order the NWF 205 tansfer case brace...trying too hunt down those stock rods that bolt from tanny tooi transfer....neew urethane bushings for transfer case....hopefully that'lll solve the problem.. i'll get the links for ya tonite when i get home...[cheers]

and yeah the kids love it when they see my truck drivin down the road... makes me smile everytime.. they r hilarious...:)

drknyght
01-25-2007, 05:24 PM
thx metal, hope to hear ya later. Dust ur mounts are fine cause you never take ur truck off the trailer and wheel the little princess[d]