PDA

View Full Version : Sudden oil pressure drop!!!

Torch2815
01-20-2007, 05:08 PM
So here's a question...drivin home today and a few blocks from my house my oil pressure suddenly starts to drop on my diesel...goes back up abit when I give throttle. So it use to sit about half or just under half on the pressure guage, now it's at the bottom bar(five bars total)...now it is past due for an oil change and filter,but it's off the road next weekend to start it's teardown, so does anyone know where the oil pump is on these or have any other ideas???

epic3
01-20-2007, 05:58 PM
oil pump would be in the pan mostlikely

Trooper
01-20-2007, 08:43 PM
I would change the filter first a really dirty oil filter will drop your pressure. I had the same problem with an MG ended up being a really shitty filter. Epic is right the pump is usually in the lowest point of the engine (The pan)

Torch2815
01-21-2007, 08:41 AM
Ok thats along the lines I was thinking...i'll give it a shot and see what happens

FU Toolbag
01-21-2007, 11:50 AM
Unfortunatly if it's crap on the screen you might as well start your teardown now. The pan doesn't come off without lifting the motor, and without a body lift I think you have to split the motor tranny as well. My dad looked into this awhile ago.

slowdodge
02-19-2007, 12:45 PM
I would try replacing the oil pressure sender before droping the pan and changing oil pumps. maybe check with a mechanical gauge cuz those cheap dodge instruments are'nt to great