PDA

View Full Version : quick question

Dr. B
01-15-2007, 11:42 PM
Would it be worth it to trade a clean 1991 toyota 4runner for a 1981 Toyota BJ60 turbo diesel thats sprung over on 35's with custom bumpers, rock rails, and lights?

Toy_Runner
01-16-2007, 12:59 AM
i would

deuce
01-16-2007, 09:00 AM
funkin rights!
that sounds sweet
ill trade you for my rig hahahahahah

KINGCRUISER
01-16-2007, 09:23 AM
I'd do it, diesel landcruiser are sick, I'd just make sure the spring over is done right and everything before I made the trade.

deuce
01-16-2007, 09:38 AM
take a look at the quarter panels make sure they havent been bondoed
to shit. those things like to rust like a sun o bitch!

Kinslayer
01-16-2007, 02:15 PM
OH YEEEEAH. Fuck that 4Runner and wheel that diesel!

Dr. B
01-16-2007, 02:19 PM
thanks. thats the type of responses I was looking for!!

FU Toolbag
01-16-2007, 02:31 PM
Point's bin said overwhelmingly. DO IT.

Kinslayer
01-16-2007, 03:16 PM
Thems are cool fuckin cruisers - the G-Unit

Dr. B
01-16-2007, 03:35 PM
just a couple pics. New tires and a glossy touch-up will be added before it comes to me.:)

Kinslayer
01-16-2007, 03:37 PM
Sold!

highwaystar
01-16-2007, 06:53 PM
do it man! but paint it desert camo:D

Toy_Runner
01-16-2007, 06:54 PM
where is it i will buy it?

Trooper
01-16-2007, 06:58 PM
I dont think the 81 had powersteering, Check the frame for rust take a hammer to check how solid it is. I was looking for a bj60 for months and I ended up importing a 91 hdj81 for about 5 grand more then a solid bj60

Dr. B
01-16-2007, 07:17 PM
where is it i will buy it?

[cheers] sorry mang, but you can drive it.[cheers]

Toy_Runner
01-16-2007, 07:18 PM
when are you going to get it, will have to take it out

KINGCRUISER
01-16-2007, 10:08 PM
Man all you need is tires, that thing will rip it up. Paint can come later. Do you still have that FJ55, always thought it would be coool to put a 55 body on a 60 chassis with a diesel.

flipper
01-16-2007, 11:42 PM
Looks like a sweet trade.

Dr. B
01-18-2007, 08:54 PM
well, I set up a date to go get the cruiser, but the guy sent me am email detailing some "minor" problems with the cruiser. Are these things nothing to worry about (easy fixes)??

ok heres the complete list of what the truck has
hysteer
soa
35 a/ts
axt turbo
pyromter mounted in dash, run of a dc power inverter
4 speed manual
3b diesel
4 100w lights mounted on carr roof light system
power leather seats out of a grand cherokee all 4
rhino lined interior
rhino lined fenders
rock sliders
rubber anti scuff tractor paint mid section(along mid doors, above herculined section)
custom high angle front drive shaft (it was pricey to have made and i havent even had a chance to use it oh well)
alarm (siren disconnected)
only 369k kms

wheels have some rust on them
water pump squeals until engine warms up, might be cause of the recent cold weather as it just started, might end up needing replaced. doesnt affect driveabilty excpet its a little noisy and usualy disapears within 5-10 minutes once engine is warm
heater core leaks, so it has been bypassed.
marker lights are missing and not installed
small dent on rear driver corner, i sanded and painted over i just to keep the rust off until the better weather allows a proper repair
ashtray is missing from dash
oil pressure and water temp guage not working
might need front end alignment as it wanders a bit. that just might be how it is, im not sure.
i would recommend cut and turning the front axle before doing any serious offroading so the driveshaft angle is a little less
rust spot under rear quarter window and a few bubbles under rain gutter in a few spots. easy repairs to be honest.
rear passenger power seat doenst have power. loose connection somewhere, shoudltn be hard to trace as the wires are all right there.
roof lights arent working. loose connection
front fog light smashed out from giving a friend a push. they were cheap ligths anyways
flange on turbo leaking a bit, doenst affect anything, but it puffs a bit of blue under the hood on startup
rear hood latch struts dont hold up anymore. i had bouht new ones from a used truck and they lasted a week. that was a 50 dollar lesson so now i just use a hockey stick to prop it up
small hole in the rear cargo area floorboard, i think a cross member was cut out and it was never rewelded. the size of a quarter, still solid metal but i place a thick matt over the whole rear floor anyways.
ebrake (i have it) isnt installed
one stud missing on rear driver side wheel. other 5 are solid
engine leaks some oil onthe block but doenst really burn any between oil changes (i dont have to add any etween changes)
small tear along the seam int he driver seat. its not appearent since it still sits where its suppoosed to and coudl be stiched back fairly easy im guessing. i just dont know how to sew
missing one bolt on the alternator bracket.
could use new battery connectors.
that is as far as i know the complete list of all issues/problems with the truck. nothing that keeps it from being driveable as ive been driving it like this every day for forever.

tenpack
01-18-2007, 09:30 PM
it needs around 5-600 or little stuff. Most sounds easy, but you gotta wonder about stuff like the guages not working. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say factory gauges are damn expensive so little stuff like that adds up.

Taxidermy
01-18-2007, 09:48 PM
[36] [36] [36] [36]

highwaystar
01-19-2007, 11:12 AM
make sure once you estimate the cost on all the repairs you double it. Thats the best advice i ever got from restoring vehicles. Cool machine for sure tho, and alot of those fixes seem like little weekend projects that are really kinda fun [freak]

mountain man
01-21-2007, 12:30 PM
Yeh, its worth putting money into the diesel, looks like all the major stuff is done, cosmetic stuff you can do while driving it.