PDA

View Full Version : posi lok question

craig24
01-07-2007, 01:40 AM
I installed a posi lok on my yj today and everything went ok except one thing. The instructions say "Before you remove the CAD vacuum actuator, locate the source of vacuum transfer case switch. Using the vacuum cap provided, plug off as close to the engine as possible. without disrupting any other vacuum requirements. (fig. 1)"

For the life of me I can not find what the picture is showing me, therefore I haven't pluged anything off.

Can someone shed some light on the subject, and tell me where abouts I'm to plug it off.

factor
01-07-2007, 10:51 AM
:dontknow:

92XJ
01-07-2007, 12:53 PM
arent you installing the posi lok to get rid of your vacuum disconnect? therefore what its telling you to do, is to pull the hose of the axle and trace it back to as close as possible to the engine and cap it off.

craig24
01-07-2007, 01:33 PM
arent you installing the posi lok to get rid of your vacuum disconnect? therefore what its telling you to do, is to pull the hose of the axle and trace it back to as close as possible to the engine and cap it off.

Right, but there are two lines going to the vacuum disconect and there's only one plug. Besides the lines come from the transfer case, not the engine. Right now there's no vacuum in those lines, so there just hanging off my axel until I figure this out.

Nutbar
01-07-2007, 08:48 PM
There is a harness of 4 plastic vac lines that will run from the frt dif to the Tcase you can now pull that whole harness out. It will have 4 hoses at the tcase going up the tranny and over to the body under the firewall at the fire wall a couple will split off one will have a bell looking thing on the end with nothing on the other side one will go to a T in a vacum line hooked to the intake, this is the one they want U to disconect and plug, and depending on the year of the yj 90 and prior have another one hooked to an electric switch on the fire wall for the 4WD ind light 91 and up do not, then rest will run to the frt diff

craig24
01-07-2007, 09:44 PM
If I take off the harness at the t case, wouldn't there be a chance of it getting full of mud or something?
Oh, and it's a '93 btw.

Kinslayer
01-07-2007, 09:46 PM
There is a harness of 4 plastic vac lines that will run from the frt dif to the Tcase you can now pull that whole harness out. It will have 4 hoses at the tcase going up the tranny and over to the body under the firewall at the fire wall a couple will split off one will have a bell looking thing on the end with nothing on the other side one will go to a T in a vacum line hooked to the intake, this is the one they want U to disconect and plug, and depending on the year of the yj 90 and prior have another one hooked to an electric switch on the fire wall for the 4WD ind light 91 and up do not, then rest will run to the frt diff

OOOOH..So this is what they mean when they say "It's a jeep thing, you wouldn't understand!"

craig24
01-07-2007, 09:47 PM
[15]

[16]

Nutbar
01-07-2007, 09:51 PM
Nope that harness is plugged into a switch on the Tcase but the vacum side of the switch is sealed from the Tcase just leave the switch on the Tcase to to plug the hole in the case.

on the 91 and up the vacum lines goin to the intake and the Vacum dump (the little bell thing) should be running up the engine side of the battery tray

you won't have the 4wd ind light switch on the fire wall your indicator switch will be on the housing for the vacum disconect

craig24
01-07-2007, 10:00 PM
I figured out how that light comes on putting the posi lok in.

Thanks for the info Nutbar. [cheers]