PDA

View Full Version : signal light to marker light????

Toy_Runner
01-03-2007, 12:18 AM
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=463125

looking at this how would i wire up my marker to work as signals?? just the (+) from signal to (+) to marker? and i woul;nt need the (-) right?

and if i am reading the linky of pirate i just take that resistor right out?

Toy_Runner
01-03-2007, 12:22 AM
thinking about it the signal lights would not work with the marker lights on. so they must be just using the marker as a signal. would that be legal in canada?

i will try it tomorrow and see if it works

Toy_Runner
01-03-2007, 12:28 AM
off pirate

[quote]think this should work on the people who remove there turn lights and turn their parking lights into them[quote]

dont you need markers tho?

82 yota
01-03-2007, 04:18 AM
you can do it with a couple relays so your marker is on wwhen your driving but it blinks when you use your signals, i'll see if i can find a scematic

82 yota
01-03-2007, 04:35 AM
i'm pretty sure this is how it gets wired with a relay, if i remember i'll try it on my truck before i go to work

GOT MUD
01-14-2007, 08:57 AM
why make things so complicated. what i did is this, take the running light out and then drill a hole big enough for an 1156 socket just below the running light, install the socket put the light in, throw it all back on the truck. and walla signals are eliminated from your bumper. you'll have to use some urathane to keep the socket in the hole. but make sure you don't get any on the inside or the bulb won't go in.

exo_toy
01-14-2007, 09:19 AM
why make things so complicated. what i did is this, take the running light out and then drill a hole big enough for an 1156 socket just below the running light, install the socket put the light in, throw it all back on the truck. and walla signals are eliminated from your bumper. you'll have to use some urathane to keep the socket in the hole. but make sure you don't get any on the inside or the bulb won't go in.

Exactly. Thanks for saving me fom typing it all out! :party0010:

bushpilot
01-14-2007, 04:57 PM
on my 81 i took the signal wire and pluged it into the marker light and put a 1156NA bulb instead no marker but they are on the fender anyway