PDA

View Full Version : Fuked Front stuff....

bcwheeler
01-01-2007, 02:29 PM
ok to start its a 95 grand 4.5 re lift....So I have had this crazy noise comming out from my front end, when turning on incline or over bumbs like the spring is loading up than releasing is the only way i can describe it..:dontknow: :dontknow: just a super loud clang.... SO I get under it yesterday when I got to stave only to find that whn I turn my wheel back and forth my whole diff is moving about a quarter of an inch or more side to side, so I find that the bushing on what I am assuming is my " Track bar " still nto too familiar.. sorry... has a lot of give in it like I have crushed it pretty good, this is also teh side I just pancaked my ca braket ..so I came down on it pretty hard,,.. So is there something more that could have led to this that I shoudl be fixin up before I go back out, there is a slight tweak coming from the input to my steering box " think this was caused by upsizing the tires and driving like an asshole.. any input on this very vague description would be greatly appreciated...[cheers] [cheers] [cheers]

Throttle1982
01-01-2007, 10:35 PM
well I'm assuming that its an XJ. I had the same problem. Check for cracks on the outer side of the unibody by the steering box. And make sure your trackbar bolt that mounts the trackbar to the vehicle is fucking tight. If its got any slop to it then mine sounds like a 'SNAP' almost like the unibody has a crack in it somewhere and its slipping when it flexes. I find everytime that track bar nut loosens, even if its 1/2 a turn, it starts to make the same noises. Try that out first.

bcwheeler
01-02-2007, 01:20 PM
Cheerrs and it is a ZJ