PDA

View Full Version : tacoma springs

kamloopsyota
12-29-2006, 02:11 PM
im wondering what a set of year old 2006 tacoma rear springs with trailer overload should sell or buy for?? my moms got some cause they just got new ones on a nice warranty thing cause of the shocks but new springs as well, and they either wanna sell them or just give em to me so i can start my rears upfront. but if they are worth any money i;d just like to sell them for them and they can recoup some money, if not then ill just keep em. theres only a little wear and its just some of the black paint scraped off, still has the factory stickers and everything. guy at toyota was goin on about how they are 800 dollar springs but that sounds like a load, i was thinking maybe 300 max??

flipper
01-01-2007, 10:40 PM
Every ting that much from a dealler! For that much you could almost get four 4"-5" springs.

cruizer
01-02-2007, 05:25 PM
whats the difference in manufacturing costs of a lift or stock spring...[16]

back too the main point.. your not going to sell them for more the $200 used but if you do find a buyer willing to pay more I have 2 sets :D

kamloopsyota
01-02-2007, 07:53 PM
nah im going to end up using them for rears up front on my toy

ToyotaHEAD
01-04-2007, 11:10 PM
2006 taco rear springs are um long to say the least. (dont quote me, but arnt they like 56" long?) Nick if your gonna put them upfront, I would suggest you mokem up b4 u cut anything...

exo_toy
01-04-2007, 11:28 PM
I think he wants to use the tacoma rear springs on the rear of his truck and then use his factory toyota rear springs on the front.
New replacement springs retail for around $250+ per spring pack. Dealer parts are always more money than an aftermarket part. Look at rims for example. a stock 16" aluminum wheel can be $500-$1000 for a dealer replacement. You can buy a brand new quality 20" wheel for around $300-$600.

Its just the way it is. $200 at the most for the used taco springs.

kamloopsyota
01-05-2007, 01:40 AM
yeah for sure mock up before anything, i was thinking use a 96-2000?? tacoma, main leaf then mix and match till i get what i like. ill have to measure the springs for the actual length but if they are 56" then isnt that kind of the same as the ford spring swap, excpet good old toyota

ToyotaHEAD
01-05-2007, 06:19 PM
please dont say ford... :P

I was misunderstood your post. Thought u wanted to put them up front. But in the rear they would be sweet.

I am just about done my chevy swap in the black 4Runner. F*** is it gonna be sweet !

kamloopsyota
01-05-2007, 09:18 PM
yeah no i was going to try for front but then i realized how long they were. ill have to swing by tomorrow sometime if i go check out marks progress, got his front axle in and stuff, should be killer. oh and i cant sign in to wickid??