PDA

View Full Version : Jeep recovery

Woodstock
12-22-2006, 04:59 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=I8Uid_jKk2s

This is a movie of us recovering my old YJ that some kids put off a cliff sept. long weekend. Its a pretty slow pull but our original plan was to go up with a few jeeps with winchs and pull this jeep up in a few hours but instead jeeper brought along T-Maxx and he really made this alot easier. The mog did this pretty easily and it was just amazing to see it pull the jeep about 35-40 up a very steep cliff. When the jeep came up it fired right up and we could have drove it to the bottom were a truck and trailer were but the oil filter was ripped open and poured out all the oil.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=I8Uid_jKk2s

8T9YJ
12-22-2006, 05:54 PM
Awesome recovery. Glad you got your Jeep back. I hope it wasn't hurt too bad.:rockhorns:

Troy
12-22-2006, 06:00 PM
thats nuts man where abouts was that in harrison?

jhunter
12-22-2006, 06:06 PM
that mog sure pulled it up that bank pretty damn easy
glad you got your rig back[cheers]

MikeWild
12-22-2006, 07:27 PM
nice recovery! [cheers]
Looked like your tail gate was squashed, what sort of damage was done to the Jeep? Looks like it was minimal at best!

Woodstock
12-22-2006, 08:48 PM
nice recovery! [cheers]
Looked like your tail gate was squashed, what sort of damage was done to the Jeep? Looks like it was minimal at best!

The body on the jeep is toast. The frame is bent, the only part that wasnt even touched was the grill. The back took most of the damage but the fenders and the hood are not to damaged. The drive terrain is still perfectly fine so i think that im going to part that out.

Fritschinator
12-22-2006, 09:48 PM
that first shot is bone chilling for me

deer laredo
12-23-2006, 02:25 AM
how did your jeep end up down that bank in the first place?

Tmax
12-23-2006, 09:45 AM
cool. man did it ever rain that day.
[cheers]

Murd0c
12-23-2006, 04:47 PM
dammm that mog did some good work there, nice job sas [cheers]

fourplay
12-23-2006, 07:57 PM
And it ran almost right away [36] [36] [36] [36]

nice recovery
[cheers]

hodge
12-23-2006, 08:13 PM
nice recovery!

trencher
12-23-2006, 08:41 PM
Mogs rock [36] [36] [36] [36]
Gotta get me one someday

jeeper
12-23-2006, 09:26 PM
Thanks Again Sasson !

The mog made that pull so much easier !

The vidio doesnt really show the steepness or where the jeep had come to rest . The boys that were in the jeep were very fortunate that tree stopped their decent as it was another 2-300 ft to where they may have stopped next !

T.O.
12-23-2006, 09:28 PM
that first shot is bone chilling for me

I'll bet thats a lil scary for ya, Hope your doing better these days.[cheers]

Woodstock
12-24-2006, 02:05 AM
I wasnt in the jeep. The jeep was mine and 3 years ago i took out a ricer and Icbc wrote it off so i bought it back then it sat im my dads garage for a year so i sold it to a guy that worked for my dad. They spent the time and money to put it back on the road and the first trip out to 20 mile bay they put it down that cliff. They never really had a for sure story but what they said is the road washed out under the jeep. The two in it had no belts and it threw them out before it stopped. They both very luckly didnt have any major injurys. They had there buddys behind so they took the vins and the front plate but left the back plate since it was stuck between the tree and jeep. They figured it would never be found but sure enough a logger or servayer found it and reported it to rcmp. The rcmp called the guy and told him to get it out. He didnt want to spent the time or money to get it out so he told my dad he could have it. So i got the money from icbc, the money for the jeep and i got the jeep back with everything but a body. It worked out well for me and also for the other guy since he got the chrome grill which was all he wanted.