PDA

View Full Version : four wheel drive

Woodstock
12-22-2006, 04:09 PM
Hey all im having a problem with my 4 wheel drive since i put in a body lift in my yj. I have low range and everything but my front wheels dont engage and the 4 wheel light doesnt come on. I have looked over all the wiring and everything around the trans and the front vacum. Could it the vacum went?

cjMike
12-22-2006, 05:04 PM
Sounds like the diff vac motor isnt working.Quite common jack the truck up off the wheels and see if the front drive axle is turning while in 4 wd .If it does smack the vac motor with a hammer and see if it engages .If it does engage the front wheels you know what to replace.Also check to see if the shifter isnt binding against the body and not engaging at the transfer case![cheers]

Tunabomber
12-22-2006, 07:26 PM
i was haveing the same prob and it turned out to be the valve thingy at the t case where the lines hook up

good luck man:dontknow:

B
12-22-2006, 07:31 PM
yep one of those 2 things shoud fix it id say vacum lines some where broken or fucked from putiing the lift in if not then shifter agast floor as ive allways had to notch the floor .... [cheers]

Nutbar
12-22-2006, 07:33 PM
You just did a body lift you probably pulled the hoses off of the frt diff vac motor the vacum lines run down the passenger inner fenderwell then drop to the diff and there isn't usually enough slack in the lines when you start lifting the truck (either body or suspension lifts especially both together) just un do the last clip and that will give you enough slack.