PDA

View Full Version : Cherry bombs?

Nile
12-21-2006, 11:34 AM
I was wondering how loud they are if there too loud and how much they are i mite wanna get some for my rig.[36] :happy0045:

Jeepnut
12-21-2006, 11:35 AM
those things sound soooo gay....dont wast your money

Jroc
12-21-2006, 11:50 AM
If Its Not A V8 Dont Use Them!

In The Zone
12-21-2006, 11:51 AM
Actually if u aint a old man they sound ok...

not like a closed chamber muffler

i run one on my BII with the stock 2.9 and it sounds great... also on the wifes yj sounds totally different.. definatley not stockish....

the BII not to loud well sometimes it is loud enough to set of car alarms and shit but thats usually only decleration and full load .. other wise regular cruising it is quiet...

on the plus side they are like under 40.00 bucks and easy to install small enough they dont hang up on rocks ,trees , bodies ect......

Rhys
12-21-2006, 12:00 PM
They are super cheap , abd therefore you get what you paid for.

Rhys

Jeepnut
12-21-2006, 12:51 PM
Actually if u aint a old man they sound ok...

not like a closed chamber muffler

i run one on my BII with the stock 2.9 and it sounds great... also on the wifes yj sounds totally different.. definatley not stockish....

the BII not to loud well sometimes it is loud enough to set of car alarms and shit but thats usually only decleration and full load .. other wise regular cruising it is quiet...

on the plus side they are like under 40.00 bucks and easy to install small enough they dont hang up on rocks ,trees , bodies ect......

Who you calling old?????:mad0217::mad0217: :mad0217:

In The Zone
12-21-2006, 12:57 PM
They are super cheap , abd therefore you get what you paid for.

Rhys

exactly why blow big $ on somthin thats gonna get trashed.........:dontknow:

Honky
12-21-2006, 01:26 PM
Dan, sooooo that's what that sound was. I always thought you had a whole in your muffler.;)

bakelite
12-21-2006, 02:00 PM
Got a buddy that uses them, welds two together for each pipe on a V8...sounds pretty good. [cheers]

In The Zone
12-21-2006, 02:38 PM
Dan, sooooo that's what that sound was. I always thought you had a whole in your muffler.;)

muffler whats that:dontknow: glass packs are straight through with slight louverd edges...no baffels to come loose or shit inside to collapse... and being round they take a shit kicking.... small and tuck nicley out of harms way and ya Joe they do sound great on a V8

the rest of ya can keep paying for your flowmasters and expensive exhaust components.

im cheap and will continue to run glass paks and only glass paks...
i would rather invest my $ in histeer and lockers....stuff that will actually benifit my rig....[cheers]

Pudge
12-21-2006, 02:47 PM
and glass, lol

In The Zone
12-21-2006, 02:48 PM
uhmmm ya Glass is always a issue for some reason......... go figure.....

J20
12-21-2006, 02:55 PM
muffler whats that:dontknow: glass packs are straight through with slight louverd edges...no baffels to come loose or shit inside to collapse... and being round they take a shit kicking.... small and tuck nicley out of harms way and ya Joe they do sound great on a V8

the rest of ya can keep paying for your flowmasters and expensive exhaust components.

im cheap and will continue to run glass paks and only glass paks...
i would rather invest my $ in histeer and lockers....stuff that will actually benifit my rig....[cheers]

[iagree] got one on my rig............i love it my neighbors hate it:rockhorns:

Troy
12-21-2006, 03:10 PM
do the cherrybombs have enough backpressure though to maintain horsepower? or do you loose a bit of power and just gain more sound...cause I wanna get something nice and loud for my truck but still not loose any power..:confused0006:

In The Zone
12-21-2006, 03:36 PM
they maintain back pressure fine..... just stay with the proper diameter pipe.... same as any Muffler.....

12-21-2006, 03:41 PM
cherry bomb muffler or cherry bomb glasspack?

barracuda
12-21-2006, 03:43 PM
do the cherrybombs have enough backpressure though to maintain horsepower? or do you loose a bit of power and just gain more sound...cause I wanna get something nice and loud for my truck but still not loose any power..:confused0006:

I really wish people would stop makeing erroneous statements concerning back pressure . [21]

In The Zone
12-21-2006, 03:43 PM
Basically the same thing glass pak = thrush ,red rocket , cherry bomb ect.......meaning the sound deadener is fiberglass..

12-21-2006, 03:54 PM
ok then do mean the glass pack muffler or the glass pack tube.

J20
12-21-2006, 04:39 PM
[blah] :vroam:

sj-x 500
12-21-2006, 05:11 PM
cherry bomb does make a muffler, they're also cheap... but they do work some

MetalMan
12-21-2006, 06:16 PM
Glasspacks are fine for something you don't care about. Honestly, compared to more expensive mufflers, they do sound like shit. The only engine I can stand them on is a V8. Cheap way to keep the cops a little happier, and the size is a bonus for a bush rig too. For a wheeling machine/beater they're great, for almost anything else they're garbage...

And Cherry Bomb does make a muffler as well as a glasspack.

Nile
12-21-2006, 06:34 PM
hmm yea well i need to put some thing on my tuck its just got straight pipes on it now

BAM
12-21-2006, 06:36 PM
i had one on my 3.0 and i thought it sounded fine, wouldnt have put anything else on, and for 30 bones you cant go wrong.. as far as back pressure, most engines the back pressure does not affect power nor do they need much back pressure, theyve tested 100s of engines on dynos testin back pressure and there was no diff on most

MetalMan
12-21-2006, 06:45 PM
hmm yea well i need to put some thing on my tuck its just got straight pipes on it now

I ran open headers for months, believe it or not...got away with it. I put glasspacks on it, shortly after I got pulled over and VI'd. [13] [27]

barracuda
12-21-2006, 06:46 PM
Think Pressure pulse ,resonance and velocity in relation to expelling exhaust gasses .(not neccecarily in that order) .

MetalMan
12-21-2006, 06:47 PM
Ironically, glasspacks don't flow as well as most people think...

barracuda
12-21-2006, 06:53 PM
it actually depends on the construction (Design) of the glassback . all things being equall a glassback has the ability to provide the highest velocity with potentially the least amount of back pressure.

4doorShorty
12-21-2006, 09:15 PM
nile go to canadian tire and order up maremont part #M30001. Its on page 1384 of the 2005 Maremont exhaust catalog if they have it. Its a 3" mandrel bent tail pipe, exits behind the rear passenger wheel at a 45 degree and only costs $37.08. You cant buy the length of pipe for that much, let alone the bends. Who cares if anyone says its too big for a 300, you wont find anything as good as that deal.

The longer a glasspack is the better they sound. Dynomax's race bullet is a 'pack, so are all magnaflows...just newer technology.

poostang
12-21-2006, 09:22 PM
open headers cruising beside a vi officer then he asks something next to us i say i cant hear ya bang ya got pulled over wonder why?

Troy
12-21-2006, 09:26 PM
I really wish people would stop makeing erroneous statements concerning back pressure . [21]

well if i was running a supercharged alcohol burning race engine, i wouldnt have to worry about backpressure...but since i have a slightly modified mostly stock engine i thought backpressure is important so that you dont burn your exhaust valves out...only reason i say this is because i know on dirtbikes and motorcycle engines...the way a muffler and exhaust system are designed can make or break a bikes performance, so i thought it would apply to a truck engine as well...i am new to this so dont jump on me:fighting0071:

MetalMan
12-21-2006, 09:31 PM
open headers cruising beside a vi officer then he asks something next to us i say i cant hear ya bang ya got pulled over wonder why?

I didn't have open headers then anymore, asshat, it had glasspacks.

Troy, those are probably 2-stroke dirtbikes, aren't they.

Troy
12-21-2006, 09:35 PM
I didn't have open headers then anymore, asshat, it had glasspacks.

Troy, those are probably 2-stroke dirtbikes, aren't they.

both...4 stroke mufflers are just as important or even more for backpressure cause of the valves..any small engine for that matter

barracuda
12-21-2006, 09:42 PM
it is not back pressure that is needed you fuck nut. Figure it out ,seek out information for the questions you have and dont stop looking till you have the answers.

Troy
12-21-2006, 10:12 PM
hey thanks for the help[cheers]

barracuda
12-21-2006, 10:28 PM
If i just tell you thwe answers you will forget it, but if you have to look up the info yourself there is a better chance you will retain the knowledge.

Merry Christmas:D

REZ
12-21-2006, 11:24 PM
i dont know how it sound but Its gone be some kinda ristreiction

REZ
12-21-2006, 11:29 PM

82 yota
12-21-2006, 11:53 PM
i ran a cherry bomb turbo muffler on my 2.4L toyotafor about 3 years, it was nice and quiet until you stomped on it, then you could clearly hear it about 6 blocks away

tenpack
12-22-2006, 06:55 AM
I got a loud exhaust and its shitty on startup cause i leave for work around 7am and its a straight street with houses on both sides and it reverberates down the street.Not good.

But when i'm gunnin' it and stuff they sound awesome.Glasspacks are loud, especially without a cat. I'm guessing a cat would somewhat lessen the sound.

In The Zone
12-22-2006, 10:05 AM
well if i was running a supercharged alcohol burning race engine, i wouldnt have to worry about backpressure...but since i have a slightly modified mostly stock engine i thought backpressure is important so that you dont burn your exhaust valves out...only reason i say this is because i know on dirtbikes and motorcycle engines...the way a muffler and exhaust system are designed can make or break a bikes performance, so i thought it would apply to a truck engine as well...i am new to this so dont jump on me:fighting0071:

back pressure will only come in to play if there is a decrease in the flow of gases escaping from the system.... ie baffeld mufflers crushed exhaust pipe ...oversized exhaust.. ect....pressure=Force x area force being the flow of gases from the pump (engine) higher rpm more flow same volume but more flow results in pressure. a 350 cu is sill only 350 cu even at 6000 rpm. it is only a increase in flow same force pushing the gases out just faster..

if one were to over size the exhaust u would lose the renosance pulse that effectivley works with your engine to expel gases in a effiecnt manner ..
lose this pulse u can burn valves.. but u would notice a substanial loss of power first mostly in smaller displacment engines.....

this is why a true dual exhaust should use a H or x pipe crossover...

if im wrong excuse me and then educate me :dontknow:

Toy_Runner
12-22-2006, 11:02 AM
go flowmaster, cherry bombs flow like shit, i had to put one on my truck to make it quieter and lost like 5 hp, and on a 4 cyl thats big diffrence

barracuda
12-22-2006, 11:15 AM
Here is a bit of info , there is a whole bunch more books on it and lots on the net and it can even explain the valve issues some have brought up
http://www.burnsstainless.com/TechArticles/Theory/theory.html
http://www.prestwich.ndirect.co.uk/tunedpipetheory2.htm

Nile
03-10-2007, 05:29 PM
thanks every one, think cherry bombs would sound good on a 4.9L? i just have pipes now no exhaust and i think it sounds good.

MetalMan
03-10-2007, 06:07 PM
Frankly, I think it would sound like shit. But everybody has their own standards. I consider them cheap, economical mufflers...and you get what you pay for.

Fritschinator
03-10-2007, 06:07 PM
cherrybombs kick ass if you break it wheeln they are not that costly and get a pretty good sound out of them

brandonf250
03-11-2007, 12:53 PM
u can get a 2.5" 40 series flowmaster at lordco for $78.99 i think that is pretty cheap and is gonna sound decent

cj5sean
03-18-2007, 10:10 PM
Flowmaster 40 Originals 80$ thier killer