PDA

View Full Version : Carline Automotive rip off!!

sbags
12-20-2006, 12:53 PM
Took our Nissan Pathfinder to Carline on Austin in Coquitlam for a 4-wheel alignment. Picked up the truck an hour later as it was "done". As soon as we left,it still pulled to the right and after a month or so, the front tires were wearing in like the old ones BEFORE the alignment!! After jacking up the front end, I found the centre link in the steering system to be worn out. I took the truck back and was told that the movement was cuz the truck was jacked up (the tire moved about 2-3 inches left and right!) and that once on the ground would not move!! We then took it to Kal Tire in M.R. where they could not do the alignment due to the fact that the centre link was worn out!!! The front lower ball joints were also worn out and the adjusters for camber were siezed solid!!! How does one do an alignment when all this was loose I asked Carline and he told us that it was the rough roads in the Yukon that wore everything out, which is true to a certain amount; except we got the alignment BEFORE we went to the Yukon; and I showed them(Carline) the play before we left on this trip!!! You'd think this dude would want the buisness of replacing all the components before doing an alignment(Kal Tire quoted us $1100.00). Instead he had to go as he had another customer on the phone.:mad: I replaced all the front end components for $450.00 including taxes and Kal Tire gave us a proper alignment........why do I always have to find these fuckin idiots? Just do the job I asked you to do......

Lurker
12-20-2006, 01:20 PM
That sucks man. This happened to me three winters ago, they checked out the squeal in my truck for $60 and what do you know, a few weeks later up by the BC/NWT border, my wheelbearing seized and tire fell off. A fix just shy of $2000 on the one side of the front end. For that price I could have put in a real front axle like a rockwell toploader instead of the crappy dana 50 unit bearing design.

12-20-2006, 04:41 PM
They got you before you even walked through the door.Show me a rear wheel camber adjuster.

NickB
12-20-2006, 09:26 PM
Lots of imports have rear wheel camber adjustments. Front wheel drive and independant rear. Just an FYI

12-20-2006, 09:33 PM
After my lift i took my truck in for an alignment and they couldnt even do the front.They said there was no adjusters on them.Beats me,If it drives straight i am happy.Now i just need to find a steering wheel puller to straighten the steering wheel.

MetalMan
12-20-2006, 10:41 PM
Sorry to hijack the thread...

Hey Mike, I'm pretty sure I have a steering wheel puller. I'll double check