PDA

View Full Version : 4runner noise

hoser
12-19-2006, 05:48 PM
a few weeks ago my truck got stuck in 4low while wheeling.when this happened it started making a kinda clattering(i dont know) noise from the front end somewhere.towed it home and pulled the transfer.found a brass gear,darryl said it was a syncro or something like that.anyway put a new transfer in now it works great but that stoopid noise is still there.i took the driveshaft out and locked it in plus put the shifter in 4wheel and the noise is not there...put driveshaft back in and theres the noise...only does it in 4wheel...i really really think its not the driveshaft causing the noise..wundering if anyone had any ideas for me before i rip the front diff apart.:mad:

Cheeky
12-19-2006, 08:38 PM
D,could be the pinion bearing,but I dont think so:confused0006: ,gonna go with the drive shaft or the joints in it:dontknow:

hoser
12-19-2006, 08:42 PM
D,could be the pinion bearing,but I dont think so:confused0006: ,gonna go with the drive shaft or the joints in it:dontknow:
ujoints are new no play in it..the driveshaft has slop in it at all...probably gonna rip shit apart tomorrow see if i can find anything just to give me peace o mind

oilinmyveins
12-19-2006, 10:59 PM
i would bet on the diff