PDA

View Full Version : shock angle's???

Toy_Runner
12-18-2006, 12:36 AM
when i put the 63'' chevys in the rear i want to change my rear shock mounts. what angle do you have on your truck

ri0
12-18-2006, 07:16 AM
well Idealy you want your shocks as straight up and down as possible, that gives the most amount of dampning, what I would do is allow for 4-5" of up travel, then see where your lowest mounting point is on the axel, then slowly rotate the top of the shocks up until yeah get to the highest point you can mount them....

in my 4runner I just cut a 4" hole though my body then mounted the shocks onto the roll cage, just so that the shocks would be mounted as straight up and down as I could

Squishy
12-18-2006, 02:06 PM
well Idealy you want your shocks as straight up and down as possible, that gives the most amount of dampning, what I would do is allow for 4-5" of up travel, then see where your lowest mounting point is on the axel, then slowly rotate the top of the shocks up until yeah get to the highest point you can mount them....

in my 4runner I just cut a 4" hole though my body then mounted the shocks onto the roll cage, just so that the shocks would be mounted as straight up and down as I could

this kids got it bang on, keep em as straight up and down as you can while still using all your travel. when i have mine flexed out, i like to allow 2-3" more uptravel than a full stuff incase i bottom everything out hard

Big_Ern
12-18-2006, 02:08 PM
[stupid]s

[!]5

Toy_Runner
12-19-2006, 09:38 PM
hmmm.... sounds gooder,

shifty5
12-20-2006, 10:53 AM
don't forget that the more you angle them inward the more articulation they will allow, if you can justify the loss of dampening effect, the better it will be in the bush.