PDA

View Full Version : what a day of wheeling

rs9000
12-18-2006, 12:12 AM
This is a message for all newbys to wheeling .... if ur trucks stock and u dont think u can make it and ur hammered dont try it ... and pack ur truck for the worst so at least ur ready for the worst

Well the day started out great....went out to take the dogs for a wlk and a little wheeling after about 2 hours we go down this trail and see 2 trucks 95-2002 chevy 2500 and a 95-2002 ford expoler that have been sitting for a few days down the power line trail off 256th there way down stuck in the clay and mud and almost off a cliff well so i walk down and take the plate numbers and the vin numbers and decied to call it a day and head down to the police station to put in the vin and the were about's of the trucks well then... me and my dad see these 3 guys walking down the trail on are way out and we pass em and get almost to the end and my dad gose i think we should go back to see if there breaking stuff on the trucks and stealing so we head back .. when we get there the 3 guys are trying as hard as they can to get the chevy outta the rut its in and its high centered and stuck real good alls they broguht was a 5ft lift come along and a 10 ft tow star [27] and the closest ancor point is lijke 40 ft away :owned: i still dont get how the guy figured his stock expolder could make it down there i wouldnt try it with a quad .So we walk to there ask a few question turns out they have been try to get the ford and the chevy out for 5 days now they didnt seems to know wat they were doing so me and my dad pull out all are gear and help out (we always pack extra cuz u never know wats gunna happin) and after about 3 hours pulling digging tire spinning and swearing we get the chevy out over the time we hear the story they we hammerd and it was dark out and raining and the one guy went down the hill to see were the trail went to and got stuck then the next guy tried to pull him out.... so they parked em and went home after 5 days of trying the ruts are so bad the ford expoler will never get out and to boot the ford has problms with the motor and a dead battery. us not having a winch we couldnt get the ford out so we told em to go back tommaorw and get a 5 ton cain fall and start pulling the ford out slowly ...hope fully they canb figur that one out ive never seen any one stuck like that they were lucky too the ford almost rolled down a cliff hope fully the pics turn out ill post if they do

Im not sitting here thinking im king of the wheeling world or anything like that the best advise i can give is always pack for the worst my truck always has a comalong rope tow strap shovel water blanket lighter xtra gas and a few parts tools ive gone with out stuff or i have forgoten and those are they days u get stuck thanks to a funinbcer who helped me out i got outta a tight spot one day cant rember who it was a dualy chevy p/u white lots of dent's gave me sum hose when i blew a rad line thoguht i share wat i ended up doing today was a great trail with tons of trails leading othere places first time i went up there plan on doing more exploring next time [36]

Kinslayer
12-18-2006, 12:24 AM
That's good advice. I don't want to seem like a nag or anything, but your punctuation or lack there of made this post very hard to read.

UU
12-18-2006, 08:34 AM
Good advice.

I've done that, looked at something on the work bench when loading up for a day thinking 'Will I need that?' well if ya think ya might and you don't bring it you will need it.

Now if those guys were friends of FIBC we'ld have 'em out by supper

rs9000
12-18-2006, 12:21 PM
haha yea sorry about the spelling and wat not . u can tell not my strong point

Kinslayer
12-18-2006, 12:56 PM
No problem. When I read it I kept thinking "Excited southerner".