PDA

View Full Version : should I..or shouldn't I ????

drew
12-17-2006, 02:02 AM
Im debating!
i have a ford 9"rearend complete! wheel to wheel.
should i put it in my 92blzer/tahoe s10?
this rear axle would go great with my SFA swap, although im still finding it hard to find the front axle!
or
should i just wait to come across a jeep dana 44 front and rear axle and just swap those in cause then my wheels wont stick out like mad! and just sell the 9"rearend.

what should i do!

InteriorZR2
12-17-2006, 07:22 AM
I would think it all comes down to how high your rig is going to be. With my SAS I went with full size chev stuff, for one it was cheap and easy to come by, and two, it is wider and therefore will be more stable. All up to you tho. If you check out www.zr2usa.com, they have a whole bunch of SFA blazers and s10's. They are mosly the ZR2 models, but the stock suspension/steering are the same.

jakerngr
12-17-2006, 08:18 AM
find a set of earl bronco diffs

Squishy
12-17-2006, 05:04 PM
is this a fullsize blazer?

drew
12-18-2006, 12:42 PM
is this a fullsize blazer?

it is an s10blazer 4dr

drew
12-18-2006, 12:43 PM
I would think it all comes down to how high your rig is going to be. With my SAS I went with full size chev stuff, for one it was cheap and easy to come by, and two, it is wider and therefore will be more stable. All up to you tho. If you check out www.zr2usa.com, they have a whole bunch of SFA blazers and s10's. They are mosly the ZR2 models, but the stock suspension/steering are the same.

for ur front axle did you change your transfercase?? i have a driverside drop axle now! and most fullsize chevs are passangerside!

drew
12-19-2006, 12:18 AM
another question i have is..would a 9"rear end be good for trails or is it too wide/big? another option is putting a locker in my stock 10blt rearend

InteriorZR2
12-20-2006, 04:10 PM
for ur front axle did you change your transfercase?? i have a driverside drop axle now! and most fullsize chevs are passangerside!

Yeah, I used an NP241c Passenger side drop, just had an adapter plate made up to adapt the 6 bolt transfer case to the weird 5 bolt s-series transmission.

drew
12-21-2006, 12:18 AM
How much did that cost and were did you get it done???

u2slow
12-21-2006, 12:42 AM
The std trans has the dumb bolt pattern built-in to the ext housing. The auto you just change the adapter to one from a fullsize.

I've seen fullwidth Ford axles on an Explorer - and it looked good. There's an S10 two blocks from me with fullwidth Chev axles and it looks funny.

IMO I would stick with a Ford front axle. Then you don't need to upgrade the t-case right off the bat (LH drop 241 is more common anyhow). And you can use the Ford 9" you already have.

InteriorZR2
12-21-2006, 01:23 PM
How much did that cost and were did you get it done???

A friend of mine in kelowna had it cut on a laser table, and I just had to drill, countersink and tap the appropriate holes. As for the tcases, a 241c has the electric speedo, a 208 would work as well, you have to get the right spline size tho. The 208 has manual speedo.

drew
12-25-2006, 07:46 PM
i think im gona go with a dana 44 jeep axle! and then get a matching rear aswell