PDA

View Full Version : lifting the grand cherokee

dirt balls
12-06-2006, 09:03 PM
so with the little one on the way its time to order a lift kit to make the zj more capable to take all of us to are favorite places what would be a good lift kit that will make room for 33s

bcwheeler
12-06-2006, 09:15 PM
CLaytons Long arm. Is what I have gathered... I run a 4.5 rubicon. super flex thingy it works great .. have to trim for 33 if you are going to be on the trails.. Spend teh extra lute and get a Long arm setup though..IMO[cheers] [cheers]

dirt balls
12-06-2006, 09:37 PM
yeah i really like the ideal of long arm i found a really nice set up from krawler but i cant find a dealer here in bc

bcwheeler
12-07-2006, 12:23 PM
way better to spend the $$$ and get one from wither rubicon or claytons , I can vouch for the RE but have never run the claytons.. am planning a long arm conversion ini the next coupel of weeks.. this is whatI am running now...3643936440

dirt balls
12-07-2006, 09:00 PM
nice jeep dude thanks for all the help think im going to go with the RE i can get that in canada ive heard way to meny stories about hidden fees and broker this and that just dont want all the hassle and where did you get your lift kit from thanks

kenandstimpy
12-08-2006, 01:50 AM
well theres a couple things you can do.....

Order from rubicon express, claytons, kevinsjeepparts. From the research I've done those will be your top 3 when it comes to grand cherokee lifts.

To get ahold of them you can either phone around to local shops, or order direct from them, and ship them to sumas (package express, or shiphappens) and go pick them up yourself and bring them across the border.

If you need any help or questions feel free to post up.
I also work at a parts store and can get you some prices on the Rubicon Express stuff as well

Ken

dirt balls
12-11-2006, 04:37 PM
thanks guys for all the great info it helped alot i will post what i go with once i make my stupid mind up [27]

Toyquad
12-11-2006, 05:18 PM
buy a 4 runner..... simple.... fits 33's stock......... with some fender trimming[1c]