PDA

View Full Version : what tcase do i have?

hoser
12-04-2006, 04:15 PM
looking for a tcase for my 894runner v6 manual tranny. was just wondering what i need to get.what year trucks can i get 1 from?is there a difference between 4cyl to v6 auto to manual.is there numbers stamped on it somewhere so i can see what nit is. any info much appreciated[cheers]

Cheeky
12-04-2006, 04:21 PM
D,pm stinkfinger on here,he prob has access to 1 for ya[cheers]

Stetson
12-04-2006, 05:06 PM
89 V6 Runner should have a R150f tranny backed by a VF1A t-case (chain drive). They V6 auto is a A340H which is a single sealed unit to the t-case (cannot be seperated). The 4cyl tranny's are a G58 or W56 mated to a RF1A - (gear drive t-case)....................Just curious, what failed?????

Hello Kitty
12-04-2006, 05:11 PM
89 V6 Runner should have a R150f tranny backed by a VF1A t-case (chain drive). They V6 auto is a A340H which is a single sealed unit to the t-case (cannot be seperated). The 4cyl tranny's are a G58 or W56 mated to a RF1A - (gear drive t-case)....................Just curious, what failed?????

was stuck in 4 low, pulled it out and there is a brass ring (gears) and a snap ring laying in there. there is brass shavings all inside, and the brass gear thing has no mores teeth on it. it's a 5 speed.

Stetson
12-05-2006, 08:00 AM
How big of tires you running and or what do you feel contributed to the failure? only reason I ask is you don't see alot of toy cases failing either the VF1A OR RF1A. usually see main shafts break from duals with 4.7s and big tires :D Should be able to find one of those cases fairly cheap and easilly, every one wants the gear drive cases for duals.

Hello Kitty
12-05-2006, 08:10 AM
How big of tires you running and or what do you feel contributed to the failure? only reason I ask is you don't see alot of toy cases failing either the VF1A OR RF1A. usually see main shafts break from duals with 4.7s and big tires :D Should be able to find one of those cases fairly cheap and easilly, every one wants the gear drive cases for duals.

he was runnin 33's and recently went to 35's after the sas. found a t-case for $40 apparently.

[cheers]

Stetson
12-05-2006, 08:19 AM
good deal!!!! sounds like your fixed

ToyotaHEAD
12-05-2006, 06:42 PM
This "brass ring" you speak of... Is it right next to the chain? I have had a few of those tcases appart b4 and dont recall any brass gears...???

A dumb question I know... but did you shift from 4L to 4H while still moving? Cuz if the "brass ring" is what I think your refering to, it woulda made a lot of grinding noise, and ended up as you described earlier.

just curious...?

hoser
12-06-2006, 05:01 PM
This "brass ring" you speak of... Is it right next to the chain? I have had a few of those tcases appart b4 and dont recall any brass gears...???

A dumb question I know... but did you shift from 4L to 4H while still moving? Cuz if the "brass ring" is what I think your refering to, it woulda made a lot of grinding noise, and ended up as you described earlier.

just curious...?
it was pretty drunk out that night...but i cant see myself shifting when movin:confused:didnt hear any grinden noises.the brass piece looks like it had gear teeth on it but they all sheered off.it was next to the chain.

Hello Kitty
12-06-2006, 05:19 PM
hows your mouth feel today derek ???

[f]

hoser
12-06-2006, 05:47 PM
hows your mouth feel today derek ???

[f]
i showed up for my appointment but they screwed up.they booked me but didnt put it in the puter so i rescheduled.that was fine with me cuz im feeling a little hungover today-dont need someone drillin away at my teeth:)