PDA

View Full Version : Chehalis hunting trip disaster

runner
11-26-2006, 08:52 PM
A buddy and I went hunting at Chehalis and ended up staying the night at 20 mile bay. Woke up in the morning to a shitload of snow so decided to head out early. Turns out my 4 wheel drive wasn't working [27] [27] (guys at Mr. Lube pulled the wire to the front diff out[1d]I put it back in but still didn't work ) Thank god I had my chains with me or I would still be stuck at 20mile. Anyway decided to take the crossover to Chehalis as the road wasn't that bad the day before. Came upon some trees fallen down so couldn't get any further. Fortunately some guys came who had a chainsaw so we were able to cut down the trees. Ones of the guys had me drive under one of the trees so we could open my tailgate to cut the rest of the tree down as it was quite high up and a small branch that was sticking out cracked my sunroof [27] Then as we passed that bunch of trees, more trees would fall down in front and behind us, fortunately nobody's truck got hit. Eventually some loggers came along and cut up the trees while we all helped to get them out of the way, then more trees would fall. Took us 7 hours to get out[27] All I can say is, I'm happy to be home and a big thanks to all the guys and loggers who helped us get out.[cheers]

Melvin
11-26-2006, 08:57 PM
Crazyness, good thing u were prepared with the chains!

Dirtybert
11-26-2006, 08:58 PM
funny thing about snow its either your loveing it or hateing it.

allways makes for a good story. good to hear no one got hurt.[cheers]

runner
11-26-2006, 09:02 PM
If my 4 wheel was working would have been lovin it, except of course for the trees, they kinda ruined the day[15]

Gleaveage
11-27-2006, 01:01 AM
fallen tree's taking out power lines had me stuck on a dead end road for 2 hours today, we managed to bypass the lines and get a ride out, didn't get out trucks back for 5 hours

Evan the Blue
11-27-2006, 05:00 AM
wow .... great Pics yo Tanks