PDA

View Full Version : Jeep "buying" Question...

Trouble
11-14-2006, 06:40 PM
Saw this ad for a 94 Jeep YJ HT with a 7" lift and 33" boggers, 7" fenders, flares and they're askin $7500...

Is this a good price?
What are the kinds of things to ask besides km's and rust....?

Any suggestions?

11-14-2006, 06:41 PM
red one in abby?

Trouble
11-14-2006, 06:42 PM
not sure... saw it in the Chilliwack progress and wanted some advice before I decide to call...

Pudge
11-14-2006, 06:55 PM
axles??...............

Explorer guy418
11-14-2006, 07:00 PM
no buy mine 6500 obo.

Trouble
11-14-2006, 07:02 PM
no buy mine 6500 obo.

Tell me about it... and pix?

11-14-2006, 07:04 PM
no buy mine 6500 obo.

Is it aircared? [15]

dont forget down here we need that and are you sure yours will pass?

Explorer guy418
11-14-2006, 07:07 PM
how did i no 230 would say something right away lol, well i bought if from richmond...............1987 jeep yj, 7'' lift, 35'' tires, standard, 240,000km,soft top, hard top, any more question lemme know? '' now have the lug nut caps ''

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/1951000-1951999/1951418_189_full.jpg

only picture i have..... sorry

Trouble
11-14-2006, 07:12 PM
Is it aircared? [15]

dont forget down here we need that and are you sure yours will pass?

Would it/Is it?

Explorer guy418
11-14-2006, 07:13 PM
not air cared now.... dont see why it wouldnt, have done really anything to her..

11-14-2006, 07:15 PM
how did i no 230 would say something right away lol,

Im not dissin your heep.I actually like it.I just think it is funny how many times you change your mind.

Explorer guy418
11-14-2006, 07:16 PM
haha yeah i no man, im just buggin ya. i have finally made up my mind now. so its all good.

MikeWild
11-14-2006, 07:29 PM
haha yeah i no man, im just buggin ya. i have finally made up my mind now. so its all good.

He's finally seen the light and realized a lifted Exploder is the way to go, and the envy of all! :D
[15]

Explorer guy418
11-14-2006, 07:30 PM
actually your right. going big.

MikeWild
11-14-2006, 07:36 PM
Can't wait to see it! [cheers]

Tmax
11-14-2006, 07:44 PM
here is my honest advice to you. if you like to get stranded all the time and constanly look for upgrades and spend all your money on repairs then buy a jeep. otherwise stay away from them while you still have a chance.

Trouble
11-14-2006, 07:51 PM
here is my honest advice to you. if you like to get stranded all the time and constanly look for upgrades and spend all your money on repairs then buy a jeep. otherwise stay away from them while you still have a chance.

I'm not necesarily going for a Jeep.. this one had caught my eye and I wanted more info on Jeeps... Any idea's or advice is welcome :)

Here's what I'm lookin for... something that's not gonna be a gas guzzler, can carry all my tools for work yet still able to hold a couple people including a kid, something I can learn on... basically my learning truck. I have 4x4'd and am still learning but I am also wanting to learn more about how to fix them as they break... something I can camp in when it's cold... I love the mud.. and want to learn trails... hmmm so much to do and learn...

Tmax
11-14-2006, 07:54 PM
I'm not necesarily going for a Jeep.. this one had caught my eye and I wanted more info on Jeeps... Any idea's or advice is welcome :)

Here's what I'm lookin for... something that's not gonna be a gas guzzler, can carry all my tools for work yet still able to hold a couple people including a kid, something I can learn on... basically my learning truck. I have 4x4'd and am still learning but I am also wanting to learn more about how to fix them as they break... something I can camp in when it's cold... I love the mud.. and want to learn trails... hmmm so much to do and learn...

they buy yourself a vigin 4 runner and you wont have to learn how to fix it.

Trouble
11-14-2006, 08:05 PM
they buy yourself a vigin 4 runner and you wont have to learn how to fix it.

A toy huh? hmmm...... seriously?

Tmax
11-14-2006, 08:16 PM
yap. they are not even in the same class as any other truck. jeeps and all the light duty domestic shit are really poorly build.

Trouble
11-14-2006, 08:18 PM
yap. they are not even in the same class as any other truck. jeeps and all the light duty domestic shit are really poorly build.

Ok cool... advice taken.. will consider it... thanks :)

Anyone else have thoughts?

11-14-2006, 08:20 PM
Some like toys some like Jeeps.Tmax likes toys if you havent figured it out.I don't.You need to take all the info you can gather and then make up your own mind in the end.They all have ups and downs in different scenarios.

Trouble
11-14-2006, 08:22 PM
Some like toys some like Jeeps.Tmax likes toys if you havent figured it out.I don't.You need to take all the info you can gather and then make up your own mind in the end.They all have ups and downs in different scenarios.

Thanks, I agree that's why I'm asking for more people's opinions... I happen to not really prefer any type of vehicle... all have good and "crappy" parts to them... I just want to find one that better suits my lifestyle including the FUN :)

Tmax
11-14-2006, 08:24 PM

hey dude i like things that are well desinged and build. dont even own a toyota. the only down fall to a toyota is that many of them are driven to the ground and still kiking so people think thats what a toy is. have had the all and like i said they dont compare man. i like to go in and out of the bush withoug worring about shit breaking or carry every spare part possible.

Mudgirl
11-14-2006, 09:09 PM
full size broncos, blazers they all have the room, 4runners are smaller but are great as well. Being able to sleep in your ride is a big bonus

I'm with t-max tho on the toy thing, i've seen so many get beaten and asbused and just keep on going

Trouble
11-14-2006, 09:12 PM
full size broncos, blazers they all have the room, 4runners are smaller but are great as well. Being able to sleep in your ride is a big bonus

I'm with t-max tho on the toy thing, i've seen so many get beaten and asbused and just keep on going

SOOOO RIGHT!!!

greenhorn
11-15-2006, 08:22 PM

From my experiences with Jeeps:
1. Gas guzzler? Yes, they are about as aerodynamic as a loaf of bread.
2. Carry tools and People? You can carry 3 people and a backpack. That's it. Tops, 4 people and a CD case. This is comfortably. My mom used to drive my brother and I in her Jeep from Prince George to Prince Rupert with all our bags etc. Let me say we were not happy kids on those trips.
3. Camping in? Well I tried to sleep in mine, drunk, and I'm sure most people will agree that when you're drunk you can sleep anywhere... not so much in a Jeep. Tried to sleep in it many other times to no avail. I'd rather sleep under it.

This being said; for 4x4ing, they are hella fun. Nimble, torquey, and have a turning radius to die for (trust me, you'll learn to appreciate it!). They just don't belong on a paved road.

FKN MRK
11-15-2006, 11:43 PM
:D $7500 ....I'll sell ya mine fer that:D

FKN MRK
11-15-2006, 11:44 PM
2. Carry tools and People? You can carry 3 people and a backpack. That's it. Tops, 4 people and a CD case. This is comfortably. My mom used to drive my brother and I in her Jeep from Prince George to Prince Rupert with all our bags etc. Let me say we were not happy kids on those trips.
3. Camping in? Well I tried to sleep in mine, drunk, and I'm sure most people will agree that when you're drunk you can sleep anywhere... not so much in a Jeep. Tried to sleep in it many other times to no avail. I'd rather sleep under it.

This being said; for 4x4ing, they are hella fun. Nimble, torquey, and have a turning radius to die for (trust me, you'll learn to appreciate it!). They just don't belong on a paved road.
oh....and [stupid]

fourplay
11-16-2006, 08:36 AM

[stupid] I didn't buy mine for traveling... Well put.. as for being poorly built, I've beat the crap outta mine for a year, and just now broke my driveshaft.. the lower end of my motor has been goin for about 7 months and that straight 6 just keep going.. My suspension is new, and other than that, easy to work on.. Trust me Sas, if I could afford a MOG, I'de have one, but I wouldn't trade this jeep for anything, trailing is a freakin blast [36] [36] [36]

[cheers]

UU
11-16-2006, 09:04 AM
Sas is a BlackFlag loving, Jeep hating [1d]

[22]

My Jeep does just fine.

Papa Pete
11-16-2006, 09:09 AM
[stupid] [stupid] [stupid]
My Jeep has done well
Keep up maintenance and you will be good to go

Jeepnut
11-16-2006, 09:10 AM

Back to the mog room with ya mog boy...............

anything you buy is going to have to be purpose built for the type of wheeling you intend on doing and more often than not once you have built it to the way you want it and have wheeled it for awhile if the wheeling bug bites you your going to want to build it some more cause there are bigger and better trails out there. i think anybody on here would agree. I don't think there is anything rite out the box thats turn key.............

other than a jeep....................:D [22]

Tmax
11-16-2006, 09:11 AM

[22]

My Jeep does just fine.

[15] [15] [15] [15] [15] [15] [15] [15] [15] [15] [15]

get ready for the [f] comming up when everthing falls apart for the 12234959949696949956757893th time.

jim on the serious side you have to own a toyota to know what i'm talking about. i can kill a jeep in less than a min. you cannot kill a toy that fast. my sugestion was for a lady with a kid since she needs a vehicle that dont break all the time. thats all. some peole enjoy working on their vehicle and love it just for that.
[cheers]

i'm gonna go whore at blackflag now[35]

Jeepnut
11-16-2006, 09:18 AM

[22]

My Jeep does just fine.

[stupid] est jeep driver[15] [15] [15] [15] [15]

d0ubledown
11-16-2006, 12:06 PM

sounds like you need a runner. i agree with tmax, toys are hard to kill. my 98 serves me well as a mall crawler, kid hauler, trail baller, stuff it to the rim with 2 adults n THREE kids to go camping truck. sleeps well in the back...and stock is excellent in the trail. easily upgradeable with numoerous parts floating around the net.

get yourself a 4banger 4door 2nd gen runner (90-95) n you'll be laughin. or if you dont mind 2 doors, go for a 1st gen. 84-89. or be cool like me and get one with a FACTORY LOCKER'D 3rd gen. 96-00. the 01-02's didnt come with lockers

IFS TOYS [36] [36] [36] haha...

bakelite
11-16-2006, 01:38 PM
.......Jeeps look cool...:cool: nuff said. [f] [15]

Jeepnut
11-16-2006, 01:41 PM
[stupid] Chevy turncoat....................[22]

Trouble
11-16-2006, 03:45 PM
sounds like you need a runner. i agree with tmax, toys are hard to kill. my 98 serves me well as a mall crawler, kid hauler, trail baller, stuff it to the rim with 2 adults n THREE kids to go camping truck. sleeps well in the back...and stock is excellent in the trail. easily upgradeable with numoerous parts floating around the net.

get yourself a 4banger 4door 2nd gen runner (90-95) n you'll be laughin. or if you dont mind 2 doors, go for a 1st gen. 84-89. or be cool like me and get one with a FACTORY LOCKER'D 3rd gen. 96-00. the 01-02's didnt come with lockers

IFS TOYS [36] [36] [36] haha...

Cool thanks for the info :) Will definetly keep it in mind ....

bakelite
11-17-2006, 05:50 AM

lol...got me [15] [32]

bakelite
11-22-2006, 05:03 PM

.....using a Chevy distributor...can I be a Chevy guy still?[15]