PDA

View Full Version : 06 f350 diesel 3" body lift

PowerStroke
11-14-2006, 02:33 PM
ok, so i only have my 2.5" level kit in right now..... and i plan on going to a 6-8" lift kit from pro comp...... (its practical, hahaa)

but i wanna also do a 3" body lift.... why cant it be done on the 06 diesels, the inter cooler piping???

is that all? if so i can do a custom intercooler piping system ( i plan on changing it anyways when i get my banks power intercooler)

can anyone tell me the dangers of body lifts? or maybe body lifts with suspension lifts?

I WANNA KNOW IT ALL

i really wanna do a 3" body lift to my truck...

surreysinner
11-14-2006, 07:04 PM
I came across why you couldnt do a long time ago , but cant remember now.

Im going to check one of my diesel sights and see i can find out. Pissed me off that i cant do mine either and i dont have a intercooler.

tenpack
11-14-2006, 07:13 PM
im gonna say, in my opinion, 3'' body lift is gonna look like shit, especially on a new truck. If you can afford and 06 ford diesel, why cant you afford a proper suspension lift? Thats my take. If you are going to do a 3'' body lift, raise the bumpers so their isnt a large gap and user plastic fenders to cover the fenderwelll gaps.

4doorShorty
11-14-2006, 07:24 PM
the plus to a body lift on a turbo diesel would be the clearance gained between the engine and firewall allowing for a monster downpipe to be installed.

PowerStroke
11-14-2006, 11:52 PM
keep the info updated surreysinner

FU Toolbag
11-15-2006, 09:22 AM
I used to Hate the concept of a body lift, but after putting one on my truck several years ago, I really like the idea. Not for the cheap lift aspect, but for the larger tire clearance while keeping your c of g lower. In this case, I've seen those frames after they burnt, and there is nothing in front of the engine crossmember, nothing but the front horns. I can't see any reason not to put one in. If the bumper lineup is a bitch, build a new one, problem solved. Besides, that factory one's kinda week anyways.

PowerStroke
11-15-2006, 12:27 PM
burnt? i dont get it?

4doorShorty
11-15-2006, 01:07 PM
OT...I had a '90 f150 with 6" suspension and 3" body lifts, my one fuel pump went and I thought I was going to have to jack the box up or drop the tank...turns out I could go sit nice and comfy under there and pull to pump out without removing any other things first.

I think he means burnt frames as the truck was on fire, then ended up at a salvage/wrecker btw...

jakerngr
11-15-2006, 04:36 PM
the intercooler and the tubes going to it cause a major issue with a body lift also the fan and shroud are a really close fit
build a buggy and use your bran new truck as a tow rig

FU Toolbag
11-16-2006, 01:02 AM
burnt? i dont get it?
The truck was burnt and partly stripped at pnp. In front of the motor saddle there was no frame crossmembers, so, with the exception of the fan shroud, there shouldn't be aything stopping you from putting a body lift in. There might be some screwing aroud with the solid pipes for you intercooler, but I haven't done one yet. Maybee in 15 years when I can afford one I'll find out.

shoobear
11-18-2006, 09:11 PM
post some pics of the bad f350!!!
Im gettina a 05 with a 7"

PowerStroke
11-19-2006, 09:54 AM
well its pretty much stock looking right now...
but she is pretty.... look much better with 8" lift and say 38" tires...

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a366/RobMartin/IMG_7998.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a366/RobMartin/IMG_8014.jpg

redneck316
12-04-2006, 08:57 PM
I am going to agree with tenpack, and also thoes trucks drive like cars.. after your body lift its gunna ride like shit and don't forget all the stearing linkages.. like every other body lift but I dunno about you guys but I have no idea about 06 dutys and thier stearing and trans linkages