PDA

View Full Version : 89 Kick Tire Sizes..

Gaybait
11-13-2006, 12:28 PM
Will 31's fit on a 89 kick? im getting a sidekickf or a good deal and i love em so its gonna be my new project.. tires first.. body lift next then a lift.. SAS laterrrr :p Thanks;

James

barracuda
11-13-2006, 12:38 PM
get if you go with a 2 or 3 inch inch body and a sky 1.5 spacer kit you will be able to fit 31s http://www.sky-manufacturing.com/

youngun
11-13-2006, 12:43 PM
if you don't mind trimming you can fit 31's-33's stock

Gaybait
11-13-2006, 12:51 PM
how much do i hafta trim :P haha and for the 2 inch body lifts do i hafta do any extentions??

bakelite
11-13-2006, 01:00 PM
kit should come with an extension for your transfer case shifter...should be all you need. Good luck. [cheers]

youngun
11-13-2006, 01:09 PM
Well. About 1" all around for 31's

and for 33's are full flex about 3"+

I would build your own bodylift and Buy some coils spacers off ebay.

these should help you out:

http://www.zuwharrie.com/content/view/11/27/

follow that and buy these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-06-JEEP-TJ-2-COIL-SPRING-SPACER-LIFT-KIT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33585QQihZ020QQitem Z300048228792QQrdZ1

And Drill the centers out to 2.5" not 2.25" like the writeup says:)

Should be able to clear 31's without any trimming, or VERY VERY minor trimming.

Then buy this and throw it in and you will have a fun little truck that will go ALOT farther then your old tonka Jeep went.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzuki-Sidekick-Vitara-Geo-Tracker-Lockright-locker_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33731QQihZ019QQi temZ8009517505QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

barracuda
11-13-2006, 01:18 PM
nsor sells the sky spacers for around $100 for all 4 (50$ ish a pair) a body lift is probably double that .

11-13-2006, 01:19 PM
Those spacers are the same?Just need larger centers?

11-13-2006, 01:21 PM
nsor sells the sky spacers for around $100 for all 4 (50$ ish a pair) a body lift is probably double that .

I just did the Calmini body lift and i think it was about $180.I also have the 4door springs and will be doing the spacers also.i should fit 33's but will the axels handle them?

barracuda
11-13-2006, 01:21 PM
We have the sky spacers and a camini 3 inch body

Gaybait
11-13-2006, 01:35 PM
you my friends are gods.. so if i get 31's il hafta trim an inch.. then when i do the body lift it comes with a t-case shifter extention which what.. i weld on? and thenn a spacer lift.. nice im excited now :P

bakelite
11-13-2006, 01:42 PM
The kit I had, forget now, had a screw in extension for the transfer case shifter, I blue loc-tited it. When you buy the body lift ask if it comes with that...should come with shit for raising the plastic bumpers too if you are going to keep them on. [cheers]

Gaybait
11-13-2006, 02:31 PM
thanks again guys for all your input.. i will put it to good use and il post pics shortly

youngun
11-13-2006, 03:19 PM
Those spacers are the same?Just need larger centers?

Yes, those spacer are the same as the Sky ones just you have to get a hole saw and cut the centers out to 2.5" to fit over the suzuki bumpstop.

i should fit 33's but will the axels handle them?

The rear axle will handle 33's without any troubles, Open or Locked. If you do break anything in the rear you would probably break the passangers Axle Shaft, it is weaker.

The front end will also handle 33's as long as you don't have the front tire in the air at 5000rpm and then is hits the ground, then you will blow somthing.

But i will warn you, running that big of the tire with the stock motor and stock gearing is going to be slugish. Do you have a Auto or Standard?

I also have the 4door springs and will be doing the spacers also

I recoment running no bigger then a 1 1/4" coil spacer with 4 door coils. Anymore and your cv's will be at too steep of a angle. You will need to make some kind of a strut spacer also because with that much lift the "Strut Mount Flip" isn't enough downtravel. I made 2.5" strut spacers leaveing the strut mount "unflipped" and that is the max the stock cv's will handle without a diff drop.

then when i do the body lift it comes with a t-case shifter extention which what.. i weld on?

If you don't have a welder you cut to top part of the shifter off and slide a screwdriver into the opening and you will be able to shift, but you will have to take the shifter boot off and the console out if it has one.

you my friends are gods.. so if i get 31's il hafta trim an inch

Yes, you will be able to run 31's but don't expect to have any up travel because your fenders will be stuffed. here is a link you help you out then trimming.... http://bbs.zuwharrie.com/content/topic,23481.0.html

BTW: Watch when cutting the drivers rear because there are some wires underthere that you might hit, be carefull cutting that one ;)

11-13-2006, 03:44 PM
But i will warn you, running that big of the tire with the stock motor and stock gearing is going to be slugish. Do you have a Auto or Standard?

Auto but i dont want to get too technical so i may not get in to all that work for the extra 2 inchs.I might just stay with the 5 inchs and 32's,my angles are good right now.

I dont know if i am supposed to have a lock-up torque converter or not but if i do it deosnt work so the taller gears would be good on the hyway.as it is now i cant do over 100 km for any length of time so the taller tires would be good.They are still low enough with the 31's.

tazuki
11-13-2006, 03:47 PM
If yah need a full set of 2" coil spacers , a friend of mine has a new set for sale .. $ 100.00 E me at bc_tazuki@yahoo.com

Gaybait
11-13-2006, 03:52 PM
thanks for the cutting link! :o

youngun
11-13-2006, 03:56 PM
Since your is a auto it has 4.62 gears i belive, if you go to a wreaker you get buy the front and rear 5.13 thirds outta a standard sidekick and bolt those into your sidekick. Then take your 4.62 3rds back to the wreaker and return them and say they didn't work or something and then you will almost bring your gearing back to stock with 33's. And it is pretty much free, just takes a bit of time to swap, they aren't going to be able to tell the difference in 3rds unless that count the gear ratio which they don't do here at the kelowna pyp.

tazuki
11-13-2006, 03:59 PM
Since your is a auto it has 4.62 gears i belive, if you go to a wreaker you get buy the front and rear 5.13 thirds outta a standard sidekick and bolt those into your sidekick. Then take your 4.62 3rds back to the wreaker and return them and say they didn't work or something and then you will almost bring your gearing back to stock with 33's. And it is pretty much free, just takes a bit of time to swap, they aren't going to be able to tell the difference in 3rds unless that count the gear ratio which they don't do here at the kelowna pyp.

I got one word for you ! Karma !

youngun
11-13-2006, 04:00 PM
ohhh, swaping those gears will only work if your trackick is older then a 96. The 96 and newer trackick have 26 spline front shafts and the older ones have 22 splines.

youngun
11-13-2006, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngun

I got one word for you ! Carma !

Well, it isn't like your stealing, they are still getting gears back that they will be able to sell for the same price as the 5.13's.

If you don't want to do that then buy the 5.13's from the wrecker and sell you 4.62's for the price you payed for the 5.13's from the wrecker.

11-13-2006, 04:20 PM
I got one word for you ! Karma !

i got 2 words... paint pen

youngun
11-13-2006, 04:42 PM
meh, you get buy those things at staples.

but just watch and look for someone parting out a sidekick and buy the 3rds, if you don't like the wreaker idea

rs9000
11-13-2006, 05:38 PM
i had a 89 side kick on 31's only had a 2" body lift or 3" wil room to flex (didnt flex much) u will need to cut the steering shaft and put in the new section u will need to weld it u it depending on the kit ....i had a problem one day i was wheeling up at stave and it steering knuckle stripped [27] well i was half way up my doors in mud and water [27] so i had to get out and fix it in the puddle when u do the shaft make sure u pull of the full steering shaft and check the teeth make sure its not screwed up like mine if it is go get one from the auto wreckers ... mine was fine after that... othere then that i dont think much elese changes [cheers]

Gaybait
11-13-2006, 06:10 PM
i had a 89 side kick on 31's only had a 2" body lift or 3" wil room to flex (didnt flex much) u will need to cut the steering shaft and put in the new section u will need to weld it u it depending on the kit ....i had a problem one day i was wheeling up at stave and it steering knuckle stripped [27] well i was half way up my doors in mud and water [27] so i had to get out and fix it in the puddle when u do the shaft make sure u pull of the full steering shaft and check the teeth make sure its not screwed up like mine if it is go get one from the auto wreckers ... mine was fine after that... othere then that i dont think much elese changes [cheers]

thanks for the input.. which kit did u have and did it include the extention for the steering?

youngun
11-13-2006, 07:24 PM
you don't need a steering extention. depends on the model of steering shaft you have...
those are the different kinds, mine was model one and I didn't touch anything and it worked fine.
http://masterkit1.com/Images/Steering%20bar%20models.htm

I would recomend getting the masterkit1 body lift kit, it is more complete then the calmini one and the company is based outta Canada so no need to mess around with the boarder.

http://masterkit1.com/Lift%20kit%203inch.htm it's only 225 bucks shipped

Gaybait
11-14-2006, 01:59 PM
im confused with that trimming thread on that forum.. they said they cut and then they hammered it back and closed the open fender.. so to clear 31's nicely how much should i cut and then how much should i bash?

youngun
11-14-2006, 04:20 PM
You can cut and bash as much as you want. When you hammer the "lip" over the lip should be 1" big.

Gaybait
11-14-2006, 05:38 PM
should i cut the outside of the fender longer then the inside so i can fold the one over the other or?

REZ
11-15-2006, 03:29 PM
I just did the Calmini body lift and i think it was about $180.I also have the 4door springs and will be doing the spacers also.i should fit 33's but will the axels handle them?
anything beigger than 31x10.5 your going to back axle, if you wane go bigger u should get toy stuff

ray
11-16-2006, 03:32 PM
i fit 31s with 3inch body 3in ch suspension and they stuff really nicley so i would just go with 31s and leave it alone lots of lcearnace do to sucha short truck right so 3inch sus and 3 body and your good but u might want to look into so flares of some sort like suzuki samaria cut out flares and just dothat youll be able to fit 33s but should run stronger stuff