PDA

View Full Version : Went to Davis Lake today and DO'OH !!!!!

MundusPax
11-12-2006, 08:49 PM
WTF !!! :mad:
why would the bastards go through so much trouble to close access to the lake.

Moondog
11-12-2006, 09:21 PM
I say good on them!!!! Should have happened sooner[cheers]

UU
11-12-2006, 09:22 PM
Well at least now it willl be fun getting in.

Hello Kitty
11-12-2006, 09:28 PM
could do that in a chev van...........................

:rolleyes:

or have i ????

damn bottlerockets and rhum.

Troy
11-12-2006, 09:31 PM
could do that in a chev van...........................

:rolleyes:

or have i ????

damn bottlerockets and rhum.

was it one of those pedophile rapists van with no doors or windows in the back that said free candy on the side?

MundusPax
11-12-2006, 09:34 PM
I say good on them!!!! Should have happened sooner[cheers]

What do you mean? I loved getting in there with my daugher and wife for a swim in the summer time
now will have to drag all the shit on my back [27]

Hello Kitty
11-12-2006, 09:36 PM
What do you mean? I loved getting in there with my daugher and wife for a swim in the summer time

nope. now you will be paying to stay down there.

11-12-2006, 09:38 PM
nope. now you will be paying to stay down there.

i will believe that when i see it.They have been saying that forever.

Hello Kitty
11-12-2006, 09:39 PM
i will believe that when i see it.They have been saying that forever.

apparently salsbury and davis.

MundusPax
11-12-2006, 09:45 PM
ahh,
would it be private or BC forestry ?

Moondog
11-12-2006, 09:45 PM

Maybe if some of the dickheads who were going in there cleaned all of there crap up after them and if people did not cut down the trees for fire wood and treat the place like a f*!king toilet then the powers that be may not have closed Davis down.
I was one of the people who made the original trail into the lake, we made a trail that was only accessible in 4wheel drive then every man and his dog made the trail into a F*!king freeway the trail sorry freeway was so easy to get into the last time I was there people were driving their cars in!!!. I have not done many things in my life that I regret but making that trail is one of them!!!! Davis Lake is or rather was a beautiful place it is just a shame that the dickheads had to ruin it for everybody.

Troy
11-12-2006, 09:52 PM
Maybe if some of the dickheads who were going in there cleaned all of there crap up after them and if people did not cut down the trees for fire wood and treat the place like a f*!king toilet then the powers that be may not have closed Davis down.
I was one of the people who made the original trail into the lake, we made a trail that was only accessible in 4wheel drive then every man and his dog made the trail into a F*!king freeway the trail sorry freeway was so easy to get into the last time I was there people were driving the cars in!!!. I have not done many things in my life that I regret but making that trail is one of them!!!! Davis Lake is or rather was a beautiful place it is just a shame that the dickheads had to ruin it for everybody.

[iagree] 100% totally agree with you i hate it when people dont care about the outdoors and our privelage to enjoy our surroundings and they abuse it and dont clean up, and people drive their honda civics into the forest[16] im guessing whoever dug the road up was trying to keep dickhead thrashers out along with everybody else, hopefully the steriotype for 4x4ers will change if we actually keep the place clean and respect it unlike other idiots who party and leave broken beer bottles and garbage and scatter shit everywhere

MundusPax
11-12-2006, 10:01 PM
I was one of the people who made the original trail into the lake, we made a trail that was only accessible in 4wheel drive then every man and his dog made the trail into a F*!king freeway the trail sorry freeway was so easy to get into the last time I was there people were driving their cars in!!!. I have not done many things in my life that I regret but making that trail is one of them!!!! Davis Lake is or rather was a beautiful place it is just a shame that the dickheads had to ruin it for everybody.

true, I see your point

ottoman
11-12-2006, 11:50 PM
i think i can still get in there , and back out as usaull with all of what i bring in as well

Cheeky
11-13-2006, 12:38 AM
[d] Maybe if some of the dickheads who were going in there cleaned all of there crap up after them and if people did not cut down the trees for fire wood and treat the place like a f*!king toilet then the powers that be may not have closed Davis down.

Not to be a dick buuuuuut[d] that trail was there when you were in England:D anyways,was up there last weekend airing down and old buddy walks up talking bout samson and had the first Zuki p.u. in Canada and[blah] [blah] [blah] [blah] He is a close resident and had all the gosip,so APPARENTLY Davis Salsbary year round camping,Kenyan and Cypress sesonal and the main road to be made like a freeway,bout time actually,wasted land in hydros eyes[16] ,the clean up they did last weekend was impresive,went in at 11:00,played for the day headed out around 6ish and nothing but burt cars dragged up to the road for pick-up:confused: what a great fukin idea,somthing all of us could have done,but hey we are busy folk and cant waste our day doin that shit-we only got 1 day to play in our busy life[27] [27] [27] [27]

Now,on a different note-if we did do a big clean up would it have stopped this campsite shit from happening,NOT A FUKIN CHANCE[33] ,so where were we about trying to keep places clean......

anyway,it is just another Eagle ridge senairio[27] [27] [27] [27] [27] ,for that matter,bout13 years ago,we did a big clean up at McNutt,2 weeks later fence was put up[27] [27]

Cheeky
11-13-2006, 12:45 AM
[iagree] 100% totally agree with you i hate it when people dont care about the outdoors and our privelage to enjoy our surroundings and they abuse it and dont clean up, and people drive their honda civics into the forest[16] im guessing whoever dug the road up was trying to keep dickhead thrashers out along with everybody else, hopefully the steriotype for 4x4ers will change if we actually keep the place clean and respect it unlike other idiots who party and leave broken beer bottles and garbage and scatter shit everywhere

Buddy,you dont do this shit enough to even imagine how much garbage is out there,it sounds like you are posting from bc4x4 from somthing you read there;)

Troy
11-13-2006, 12:57 AM
Buddy,you dont do this shit enough to even imagine how much garbage is out there,it sounds like you are posting from bc4x4 from somthing you read there;)

i havent been to davis but i go quadding and dirtbiking at harrison all the time and alot of the beaches and trails etc have garbage everywhere, last time i counted there was 8 burnt out cars at the 10 mile beach so i do have an idea of how much shit people leave behind...

Hello Kitty
11-13-2006, 01:08 AM
i havent been to davis but i go quadding and dirtbiking at harrison all the time and alot of the beaches and trails etc have garbage everywhere, last time i counted there was 8 burnt out cars at the 10 mile beach so i do have an idea of how much shit people leave behind...

that's why we pack out more than we pack in. davis isn't there anymore fuck it move on find a new lake.

and that goes for myself and countless others.

UU
11-13-2006, 07:37 AM
Chahelis is next [16]

factor
11-13-2006, 08:35 AM
en den.................

Moondog
11-13-2006, 09:13 PM
[d]

Not to be a dick buuuuuut[d] that trail was there when you were in England:D

Yep you are right Harris, but I was not refering to the main trail I was talking about the trail that we made in April 2005. This is also the trail that everyone was using until the recent blockade. This is the trail (or rather what is left of it)that is in the pic [cheers]

Tmax
11-13-2006, 09:28 PM
Yep you are right Harris, but I was not refering to the main trail I was talking about the trail that we made in April 2005. This is also the trail that everyone was using until the recent blockade. This is the trail (or rather what is left of it)that is in the pic [cheers]

actually that trail has been there much longer than 05. i used to do it all the time with quads.

Moondog
11-13-2006, 09:40 PM
Yep you too are right but in 05 it was opened up by 16 of us if I remember rightly. Up until that time it was a quad or Suzuki trail is'nt that right Travis (eyeoh or whatever his screen name is). Tmax look here http://www.funinbc.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49955

1980jimmy
11-14-2006, 05:03 PM
well, also we decided to head up to davis yesterday..... and seen the same. i haven't been up there for years! and to see that.....it really sucked! and yes i agree that people should pick up there dame garbage and etc!!! I don't know the "whole story" on why davis was closed down but after reading the post here, i got the point on why.it is a real bummer driving around 4x4ing and seeing garbage every where,. THATS WHAT THE DAME DUMP IS FOR! well, after we seen that we couldnt get to davis we went up the road to expore,... was a nice trip, met up with one other jeep, lol,. seen one lonely fire going....no one around, which was odd. but we had a ok time besides seeing all the garbage lieing around.

m j
11-14-2006, 06:18 PM
that looks the same as the last time I went to Davis, has something changed?
drive into the new crater, turn down the hill, follow the cut line to the road on the far side of the gate...

ray
11-14-2006, 06:41 PM
i think the trail rating just went from stocker to dont go alone !