PDA

View Full Version : 4.0l cherokee help.

CanadianJoker
11-09-2006, 03:12 PM
Hey guys I know im new here but im looking for some help. I bought a 88 cherokee from a buddy of mine Jim (aka fourxfourplay). the engine was in the process of being pulled to do a rear main seal, but was put on hold. Now I have the xj and can not figure out the wiring in the engine bay. almost every thing else is conected but that. What Im looking for is some one that has knowlage of this engine and could help me put all the wiring back together. Now befor your ask Im not looking for some one to do all the work just some one to point and show me. beer and pizza will be supplyed.

p.s. im in maple ridge.

Pudge
11-09-2006, 03:27 PM
I'm no help with wiring, but if you need something to look at, I have a 90 you are welcome to follow the wires around. I couldn't do it till next week though.

Paul

Leithmc
11-09-2006, 03:46 PM
All you have to do to change the rear main seal is pull the pan. It's a 2 piece

Leith

CanadianJoker
11-09-2006, 03:48 PM
leith, i know about the rear main. dont a lot of research on that. like i said it just the wiring. then i can drive it :D

DirtyComanche
11-09-2006, 03:52 PM
Who pulls the engine to do the rear main? It would be a lot easier I guess, other than the having to pull the engine part...

Anyways, I'd suggest getting a FSM. They're getting a little hard to find, but are still out there. Ask around, maybe one of the coast guys has the electrical one that you can borrow. It's fairly straight-foreward with it.

Unless you put it together and it doesn't work. Then you have to trouble shoot renix electronics. Ugh.

Mr Vic
11-09-2006, 04:39 PM
there is a thread by fourxfourplay that has a link to the XJ fsm manuals. it has everything in pdf format, just print off the pages you need

CanadianJoker
11-09-2006, 05:01 PM
im accualy the one who gave him the link, cant seem to find the engine wiring diagram inside

fourplay
11-11-2006, 12:08 PM
im accualy the one who gave him the link, cant seem to find the engine wiring diagram inside
[stupid] Long and short is, I hired my friends nephew to fix it, turned out to be a crackhead.. had to clear out my shop, sold him the rokee.. Enjoy ther beer and Pizza cause it's coming out of the remaining balance of what we agreed upo9n for the rokee, lmao.. get it runnin bud,
PS, he's looking for a cheap set of 33" mud tires [36] [36] should i explain the bolt pattern or are ya that lost and can't remember what kind of vehicle we talkin bout..[22] [22] [f]

[cheers]

CanadianJoker
11-11-2006, 02:27 PM
well i almost have it running, pluged the batt in and had power but it was really week. im going to crappy tire to grab a terminal cleaner and im hoping she goes vroom.

edit nov. 13: wooooohoooo got her running.

WagoneerXJ
11-13-2006, 01:18 PM
well i almost have it running, pluged the batt in and had power but it was really week. im going to crappy tire to grab a terminal cleaner and im hoping she goes vroom.

edit nov. 13: wooooohoooo got her running.

YAY!!!!!!!! [1c]