PDA

View Full Version : Painting plastic dash...

bakelite
11-06-2006, 11:49 AM
Anyone ever had any success painting the plastic on the dash, the hard plastic? IF so what kind of paint and prep? Thank yew. :)

Tmax
11-06-2006, 12:39 PM
Anyone ever had any success painting the plastic on the dash, the hard plastic? IF so what kind of paint and prep? Thank yew. :)

use the proper vinyl prep and the pain. and works great.

epic3
11-06-2006, 12:44 PM
done it lots in my trade make sure ya clean everything very good and get some adhesion promoter to prep in with or the paint will start to flake off and use an apropriate plastic/vinyl paint SEM and Proform make the best of what I've used both available at White and Peters as well as Lordco autobody division

B
pm evan the blue we did his hole yj int black from grey .....[5]

[stupid]

[cheers]

digger
[stupid]

ive done it,works great IF done proper

Tunabomber
11-06-2006, 02:36 PM
hey man when u do it post some pics

i have a can of the stuff and have wanted to do it myself
[27] wtf kind of color is spice[35]

[cheers]

Nutbar
11-06-2006, 08:21 PM
done it lots in my trade make sure ya clean everything very good and get some adhesion promoter to prep in with or the paint will start to flake off and use an apropriate plastic/vinyl paint SEM and Proform make the best of what I've used both available at White and Peters as well as Lordco autobody division
[stupid] Have done it lots Joe when you order the new Jeep dash parts they don't come color matched they come in a neutral color and you have to paint them. If you need some of the factory colors we have the Mopar dyes at Jeap Thrills.

bakelite
11-07-2006, 07:25 AM
Thanks guys...just want to paint the dash black instead of grey. [cheers] ...and kinda match the odd pieces. [15]