PDA

View Full Version : Steering Strength

youngun
11-05-2006, 11:39 PM
Hey guys, I just got my steering hooked up and im wondering if any of you guys have any ideas on how I could beef it up a bit. It seems to be pretty good because im only using this as a DD right now. Anyone fab up from brackets to strengthen it before I go wheelin?

thanks alot guys

any opinions welcome

here is a pic of what I have so far::

http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jeepcloseups004as7.jpg

Big_Ern
11-05-2006, 11:44 PM
looks fine to me. :confused:

youngun
11-05-2006, 11:46 PM
You think so?, i don't want to be out wheelin in the middle of the forest and have my steering break.

harleyfatboy99ca
11-05-2006, 11:46 PM
looks fine to me. :confused:

[stupid] :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

sparky
11-06-2006, 12:16 AM
yeh sure.............holy redneck!!!!!!!!!!!!

killman
11-06-2006, 12:19 AM
sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DirtyComanche
11-06-2006, 12:40 AM
Tyson, I think you've been taking fabrication advice from Gavin.

Troy
11-06-2006, 01:01 AM
thats not really redneck it looks like a half ass job, i wouldnt trust that shit who pieced that together[16]

youngun
11-06-2006, 09:04 AM
hahah, yea, im sure that is somthing gavin would do.

I saw it on pirate, was kinda funny..

jeepingpw
11-06-2006, 09:42 AM
I would question the u-bolts on the tie rod, I would have welded that too.

Lurker
11-06-2006, 10:06 AM
Yikes, i'm glad it's not really yours!

MetalMan
11-06-2006, 10:50 AM
What the fuck is that thing supposed to do?!??

Stetson
11-06-2006, 11:31 AM
Well if no one else wants to......I will. Dude, I would never mock somone as per their fab and designe skill because we are all always learning. And I am not saying that I am any good, BUT! this is not a crappy bumper someone built!! when it comes to steering and brakes, I will open my pie hole. That looks absolutly dangerous. My advise is to never cheep out on the two. Especially since you stated that it is a daily driver, save your money and buy approved and tested DOT parts. you dont need to go off the road and kill yourself all over $750.00, or for that fact someone else. Life is worth to much to test!!! second, those spring purches you have are also sketchy. eliminating u-bolts would not pass a DOT inspector, but there are stronger ways to achieve what you have done especially how far off the axle the spring sits.... good luck with your build, have fun, and take your time building!

MetalMan
11-06-2006, 12:15 PM
Haha you missed his last post didn't you...

Toyquad
11-06-2006, 12:15 PM
Well if no one else wants to......I will. Dude, I would never mock somone as per their fab and designe skill because we are all always learning. And I am not saying that I am any good, BUT! this is not a crappy bumper someone built!! when it comes to steering and brakes, I will open my pie hole. That looks absolutly dangerous. My advise is to never cheep out on the two. Especially since you stated that it is a daily driver, save your money and buy approved and tested DOT parts. you dont need to go off the road and kill yourself all over $750.00, or for that fact someone else. Life is worth to much to test!!! second, those spring purches you have are also sketchy. eliminating u-bolts would not pass a DOT inspector, but there are stronger ways to achieve what you have done especially how far off the axle the spring sits.... good luck with your build, have fun, and take your time building!

if your talking to the guy who posted the thread on here.... are you a fucking moron? can you not read? he said he saw it on pirate4x4.... its not his.... so[22] off.

there im done[cheers]

Stetson
11-06-2006, 02:49 PM
Haha you missed his last post didn't you...

Yep. I browse at work and sometimes it takes all day to submit a response, jumping back on site when I have a chance to write a word or two.

(if your talking to the guy who posted the thread on here.... are you a fucking moron? can you not read? he said he saw it on pirate4x4.... its not his.... so off.)

hey toyquad, thanks, your quick to cut a discission. nice. someone asked for advise. not till 7 posts later he says its not his. Would you want that beside your wife and kids on the freeway?? I wouldn't, and thats why I responded, and im sure whoever posted that on pirate got flamed in pirate style aswell. Cheers

youngun
11-06-2006, 05:06 PM
hahaha, i was just thinking somthing like thatwould happen.

hahaha everyone point and laught at Stetson.

mini
11-06-2006, 05:28 PM
[c] [c] [c] [c] [c] [c] [c] [c] [c] [c] [c] [c] [c] [c] [c] [c] [c]

youngun
11-06-2006, 05:30 PM
yea, the guy that posted it says he has been modifying suzuki's for 11 years.

then another guy...

You have been working on trucks for over 10 years and that is the best shit ass steering you could dream up?

and the on and on for a few more pages

StinkFinger
11-06-2006, 05:34 PM

who per say sells this dot aproved kit i know that ott sky marlin and trail gears kits arnt actualy dot aproved

m j
11-06-2006, 06:20 PM
no such thing as DOT approved. DOT compliant.
I would love to see relevent DOT steering guidelines posted.

DirtyComanche
11-06-2006, 07:17 PM
What's all this DOT crap anyways?

We have Twansport Canadwa.

(Yes, I realize there is a relevence in the approval process)

Troy
11-06-2006, 07:23 PM
who cares just do whatever you want and if you crash because you did a shitty job on you steering than too bad, then maybe the person will realize next time they fuck with important stuff like that on a vehicle they shouldnt touch it and let the professionals do it

Troy
11-06-2006, 07:23 PM
dot is in the states i think?? isnt it

Ironman
11-06-2006, 07:30 PM
who cares just do whatever you want and if you crash because you did a shitty job on you steering than too bad, then maybe the person will realize next time they fuck with important stuff like that on a vehicle they shouldnt touch it and let the professionals do it

thats a dumbass remark dont ya think
its the people in other vehicles or pedestrians that might get killed by doin garbage work to steering.

Troy
11-06-2006, 07:32 PM
thats a dumbass remark dont ya think
its the people in other vehicles or pedestrians that might get killed by doin garbage work to steering.

ya true enough but sometimes it takes things like that to happen to wake people up and for them to realize something has to be done, whether its the government or icbc and i know they already have vehicle inspections but i cant see how stuff like that would be able to pass a VI

joshjohnbaun
11-06-2006, 07:39 PM
hahaha tyson thats classic, too bad its not yours, ide kungfoochop that big ass plate and then youde be stuck in the bush!

Toyquad
11-06-2006, 07:39 PM

and you dont think the government wont crack down on 4x4's.... they see one peice of shit truck and think they all are....

youngun
11-06-2006, 08:40 PM
hhahaha kungfoochop haha

Yea, i sure hope that truck wasn't street driven tho, or anything over 10mph for that matter.

82F150
11-07-2006, 09:41 AM
i dont know what that thing is... but its scary looken...and DOT is Department of Tranportation is it not? correct me if im wrong...but i know we do have DOT.. theyre the guys that perform roadside checks and pull vehicles off the road and also semi trucks.. they got me at the toll booth in my old tempo..they were Commercial Vehicle Inspectors..part of the DOT

Stetson
11-07-2006, 10:06 AM
and you dont think the government wont crack down on 4x4's.... they see one peice of shit truck and think they all are....

[iagree]

Stetson
11-07-2006, 10:13 AM
i dont know what that thing is... but its scary looken...and DOT is Department of Tranportation is it not? correct me if im wrong...but i know we do have DOT.. theyre the guys that perform roadside checks and pull vehicles off the road and also semi trucks.. they got me at the toll booth in my old tempo..they were Commercial Vehicle Inspectors..part of the DOT

Yes Sir!

m j
11-07-2006, 07:26 PM
they can call themselves whatever they like, to real people they are the DOT same as the Pigs are "the Pigs".

DirtyComanche
11-07-2006, 07:34 PM
But they aren't DOT! That's Americano!

It's transport Canada...

I think.